PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve/Day at PVR/Lower Owens

wbpdrfresh
01-01-2008, 08:41 PM
I wanted to end and start the year fishing, so I drove up to Bishop, partied in Mammoth, then drove back the next day. Stopped at a few spots on the Lower O and also fished PVR on Mon afternoon. Weather was nice, a little chilly of course, but surprisingly little to no wind. Caught fish everywhere! :thumb: Most bites were at PVR up towards the power plant-- no ice yet and it was wide open on 8-10" stockers! I have a second rod stamp ('07 and '08) but couldn't fish two poles because the first would get bit before I could set up the other! :eek2: Bites weren't as consistent on the Owens, but I caught a few quality fish from Bishop (a 2 lber on drop shot nc near Collins Rd) all the way to Independence (a nice 16" bow on a Rapala near Aberdeen). Wanted to try Diaz (supposedly an off-season gem) but it is iced over. Sorry, no pics, and no browns either :explode: Still great to get up to the Big Quiet any time of year and catch fish-- Happy New Year everyone! :beer:

Fisher-of-Men
01-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks for your report; even without the pics. That's a shame you weren't able to utilize your second pole stamp because your first pole would go bonkers before you could get the other one rigged up! :lol:

Fisher-of-Men

Joshua
01-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Well done., I was planning a trip before XMAS that never happened.
Glad to see I blew it. :bang: