PDA

View Full Version : Cool Japanese Fishing Movie

JapanRon
01-01-2008, 09:42 AM
?????? 18 ??????????????

Title: Tsuribaka Nisshi hama-chan Suu-san Setto no yakusoku (a promise to fish the Setto Inland Sea) Tsuribaka nisshi is a series of which this is the 18th !! Two main character are hama-chan (baka) and his boss and wanna be angler suu-san) Enjoy!!

Setto is a shortening of the geographical area Setto Inland Sea. It’s located in southern Honshu or mainland Japan and is full of fishys!!

See this little bit of fishing/comedy and how some Japanese fish! Don’t know if they have English sub-titles or not but still should be fun for the hard-core anglers. Full length movie.

On Warner Cable Channel 18 KSCI at 10AM this morning …. 1 January.

tsurikichi

leftylucky
01-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Oh Man, I just missed it. I always like watching Japanese fishing styles and watching the certain types of fish being caught and the locations they fish on youtube. A full length movie would have been nice. Do you kno if there's gonna be re-runs?

JapanRon
01-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi leftylucky,

This was a full length movie but ...... don't feel bad about missing it !! The content has changed a lot in the last 10 years and it had only about a minute ... yes a minute of actual fishing and even that ...

I love the characters in it so I would watch the movie anyway but .... others would get tired of it real quick!! Unfortunately ... it didn't have sub-titles for those not understanding Japanese. Lots of funny gags yet many would be most appreciated by those very, very familiar with the culture.

Originally about to guys competing in fishing with the boss being the student and the goof-off employee being the fishing nut!

Oh well things change! I don't think they'll have a re-run.

JapanRon

one_leg
01-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Funjunkie74 was telling me about this series of flicks on the trip to the landing on our last Spitfire trip.
No subtitles, so I guess that means I gotta either learn Japanese, or get a nice lil geisha to translate it for me.

O_L