PDA

View Full Version : Any-one catching any perch in crowley

fishfinder
05-05-2007, 02:03 PM
any-one catching any perch in crowley yet. going on the 17th and want some perch. Like to catch trout too, but love to eat the perch.
Also what are good lures for trolling for trout, brown and rainbows?

jakalope
05-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Sorry I dont have any info for you but I am also interested in trying for some perch on my trip on the 18th. Anybody have any idea how to fish for these perch? They look like crappie, are they fished for in the same manner? Same habitat? If the trout dont like me it would be nice to have something to fall back on.
Thanks guys and gals, Jakalope

Fear No Trout
05-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I will be targeting mainly perch during my brief guiding schedule May 15th -17th.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?t=1294

Fear No Trout
Licensed and Bonded Guide
at Crowley Lake

fishfinder
05-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Sorry I dont have any info for you but I am also interested in trying for some perch on my trip on the 18th. Anybody have any idea how to fish for these perch? They look like crappie, are they fished for in the same manner? Same habitat? If the trout dont like me it would be nice to have something to fall back on.
Thanks guys and gals, Jakalope

i will be on crowley the 18th. if you are on the lake stop by ad say hi. we are going to go after trout first an then target the (yummy) perch.
i will be in the blue crestliner with 2 other guys.

jakalope
05-05-2007, 10:38 PM
fishfinder sounds cool but we will be getting in town too late to fish on the 18th. Then sat we have a free boat rental that came with our room at June lake. We plan to fish Crowley on sunday from our tubes. Thanks for the invite though, and good luck to you. I know I will need some!
Jakalope

fishfinder
05-05-2007, 11:27 PM
I will be on crowley sunday too. thats if we do good on saturday. going to fish convict friday afternoon. beers at toms place afterwards.

fishfinder
05-05-2007, 11:30 PM
I will be targeting mainly perch during my brief guiding schedule May 15th -17th.

Fear No Trout
at Crowley Lake

any free tips? got my own boat, and can't afford a guide. spent most $$$$ i have on boat. I have seen your reports last year and they are what propelled me too go for the perch this year at this time. thanks for that anyways.

Fear No Trout
05-07-2007, 02:52 PM

Fear No Trout
at Crowley Lake

any free tips? got my own boat, and can't afford a guide. spent most $$$$ i have on boat. I have seen your reports last year and they are what propelled me too go for the perch this year at this time. thanks for that anyways.

I need to do a scout on my first day...I was told that the perch caught so far are nice size.

Fear No Trout

jakalope
05-07-2007, 03:13 PM
So what do we use to catch them??

Fear No Trout
05-07-2007, 04:01 PM
So what do we use to catch them??

The tubers are catching them on midge patterns. Black tiger and red tiger midges.

FNT

fishfinder
05-07-2007, 04:03 PM
i got some pumkn seed curly tail grubs from my dads friend. he said he did good on them last year. hope it's not just a fish story.

fisheromen
05-07-2007, 08:20 PM
1/16 ounce yellow crappie jigs are the BEST! We used to absolutely slay 'em with that!

fishfinder
05-07-2007, 08:54 PM
thanks fisher

909mario
05-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Try fishing the area where the owens river comes into the lake. its really shallow and has lots of wed beds. sometimes you can see the crappie beds in the weds. GL .

Fear No Trout
05-08-2007, 05:19 PM
i got some pumkn seed curly tail grubs from my dads friend. he said he did good on them last year. hope it's not just a fish story.

Pearl White will work also.

FNT

jakalope
05-13-2007, 10:03 PM
thanks for the tips guys!!! we will give it our best this weekend
:wink: