PDA

View Full Version : A Critter Lurking

sky
12-31-2007, 01:58 AM
info outdated :Confused:

LARiver
12-31-2007, 08:01 AM
WOW!
I have had encounters while surfing but yours sound more close.
Hits you like 10 espressos eh?
Great read, thanks for sharing.
LA

mg2969
12-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Holy crap
Thats pretty scary
I kayak fish there all the time and they never got that close
Thanks for sharing

Troutman65
12-31-2007, 11:50 PM
Sky, Another edge of the seat thriller.

Nice read.

Thanks for that and the other posts you have made this year.

Happy New Year to you !!!!

TM65

calico killer kevin
01-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Wow that must have been scary!
I kayak and fish that place a lot but i have never seen anything like that in the harbor, or anything for that matter. I have never even caught a fish there let alone seen a fish there.

Thanks for the great read

Calico Killer Kevin

paDDy
01-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Dam, that sucks what a way to ruin a fishing day. I had a small sea lion jump in the back of my kayak in king harbor. That scared the crap out of me, but he just wanted a place to hang out :roll:

sky
01-07-2008, 04:02 AM
The sound of the release of steam I heard was the sea lion coming up for air which you can hear pretty well early in the morning when its quiet. At least it gives you a heads up that there's a sea lion nearby.

I spoke to several friends afterwards and they said there is a male bull sea lion down in the Alamitos Bay that has caused a bit of a problem jumping onto kayaks and skull boats that often lays on the bouy by the marine stadium, (or on the dock by the skull crew club.) He said it usually only tries to climb on board when you stop moving. He said sometimes it will swim up along side you and poke its head up to see if you have any fish on board.

It also happens more often in the early morning.

Lucky me, that's when I usually go.

one_leg
01-07-2008, 08:53 AM
nice post!

O_L

Granny Fish
01-07-2008, 09:25 AM
That was an intriguing report. Glad you didn't have any problems with that big boy. I can't wait for the sequel to come out. :wink: