PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! On Boat Name

coachb44
12-31-2007, 01:31 AM
A little history here...Found this website this past Summer after I bought a boat slipped in Dana Point...26' Hydrasport with twin Johnson 200 outboards, 200 gallon fuel tank, bait tank, outriggers, nice little cabin w/porta potty for those that need such...in short, a SWEET little fishing machine!!! My sons and I had a few nice outings on the boat this past year, paying attention all the while to posts from all of you here at FNN. We especially liked the GREAT info from JapanRon!
ANYWAY...The boat had the name "Outlaw" while in Dana Point, and we just recently moved her up to the California Yacht Marina in Wilmington and tied her down. We expect to put her through her paces more often in '08, and now that she's paid off and has a new home, we want to re-name her and we want help/ideas...My kids and fiancee' shot down my original thoughts of "InFincible" and "FishStory", Sooooooo, Any/All bright ideas welcome!!!
Hope to see you all out on the water in '08 :)
-Coach

Brad100
12-31-2007, 07:54 AM
Oh, you're gonna get alot of funny stuff in this thread...

Does your lady fish? If not, try this one: "single 'n stayin' that way"
If she does fish, try this one: "luv dat gal"

Good luck, it'll come to you... I finally named my boat because I'm always saying to my wife "let's go!"

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z136/Brad100_photo/fish_8.gif

Tail Chaser
12-31-2007, 03:39 PM
You can actually do a search online. Theres like the top 100 boat names etc. Companys that make boat decals also have some names to check out.
Two that I liked were, Island Lure and Makin Waves. My bait tank covers where I would want to put a boat name. So my boat is nameless.
Enjoy your 26' Hyrasport for the 08 season. Them 26' boats sure have a bitchen ride 8)
Some other names,
Goin' Coastal
Happy Hours
Fish Tales
Little Hooker

JapanRon
01-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi coachb44,

Within NOAA there is a ship and boat name registry .... it's hard to find but it has thousands and thousands of names of boats from waaaaaaay back private and commercial !!

If you wanted to make sure you would never get lost, out of reach of help, or be bored on the water you could name it something like Jihad or God is Great ....... of course .....written in Arabic script !! :shock: :lol: Just Kidding !!

Nameless is a pretty cool name.
Name-less
Names All Taken
Boat Name

GeordyBass
01-01-2008, 06:30 PM
how about "hydra-coach"?

coachb44
01-02-2008, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the ideas, guys. "Luv Dat Gal" would certainly get brownie points with the lady and will defenitely be kept under consideration!

Leave it to Ron..."Jihad"...Geez, THAT'll get me pulled over everytime I pass the Navy pier at Huntington Harbor!!! Speaking of "Nameless", Ron, I saw just the best name yesterday..."Ruth-less"...I'm assuming Ruth is the guy's ex-wife!

"Makin Waves" at top of the list so far :D

DavidE
01-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Want brownie points??

Do like my teacher did and name the boat after your fiance'. My teachers wife's name is Elsa so thats what he named his 32' Bayliner. When he got the bigger model he named that "Elsa-Too". Now he's looking at house boats... he better not name that one "Big Elsa" LOL !!!!!!!!

Reel-Drag
Wet-n-Nasty
Wet-n-Bloody
Hookin-Up
Tide-tha-Knot ** I like this one !!

BakoBassin
01-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Cheerios...They're unsinkable you know?

one_leg
01-02-2008, 12:30 PM
"Are We Having Fin Yet?"

O_L

k3vin_kim
01-02-2008, 01:55 PM
how about the "k3vin_kim"?

ghetto dad
01-02-2008, 02:45 PM
how about the "k3vin_kim"?
why, oh why, when i saw that you replied here kevin, did i KNOW you were gonna suggest that??/ LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Tail Chaser
01-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the ideas, guys. "Luv Dat Gal" would certainly get brownie points with the lady and will defenitely be kept under consideration!

Leave it to Ron..."Jihad"...Geez, THAT'll get me pulled over everytime I pass the Navy pier at Huntington Harbor!!! Speaking of "Nameless", Ron, I saw just the best name yesterday..."Ruth-less"...I'm assuming Ruth is the guy's ex-wife!

"Makin Waves" at top of the list so far :D
I came very,very close to using (Makin Waves) My 26' Sundancer throws such a big wake, Was thinking of using it for wakeboarding.
Sometimes the boat handleing/fishing solo gets a bit tough. Dont think I could pull off Solo wakeboarding though :roll:
Hmmm...... Set auto pilot for the islands, Wakeboard to the fishing grounds :mrgreen:

victor101
01-02-2008, 03:32 PM
WAKE-UP!

k3vin_kim
01-02-2008, 03:35 PM
[quote="k3vin_kim":80a1d]how about the "k3vin_kim"?
why, oh why, when i saw that you replied here kevin, did i KNOW you were gonna suggest that??/ LMFAO!!!!!!!!![/quote:80a1d]

what? it's got a catchy ring to it...

RC
01-02-2008, 08:43 PM
''Floatation Device''

Dude47
01-03-2008, 01:33 AM
"Slippery-When-Wet" has a nice ring to it, but 26 foot is just perfect size to slap "Redneck Cruse Line" on the side of

seahonk
01-03-2008, 01:57 AM
I herd it was bad luck to rename a boat ? Try this lol http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

Fastfish
01-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Do a play on the wifes name or my favorite is "Mocean on the Ocean"

Nessie Hunter
01-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Be careful, and do it right..... :thumb:

Ceremony for Renaming Your Boat
By Capt. Pat

Everyone knows that renaming your boat will bring nothing but bad luck and make your boating experience something that you will want to forget. But what happens when, after months of searching, you find your dreamboat with a name that you just cannot live with. For example, my first love was a 28-foot Alden with the most beautiful lines I’d ever seen. She was named Perfidious. How could anything this graceful be named betrayer of trust? Well, I never bought her, but I often thought that if I had, I would have renamed her Magic, after my wife.

Renaming a boat is, of course, not something to be done lightly. Since the beginning of time, sailors have sworn that there are unlucky ships and the unluckiest ships of all are those who have defied the gods and changed their names. So, is there a way to change a name and not incur the wrath of those deities that rule the elements? Yes, Virginia, there is.
According to legend, each and every vessel is recorded by name in the Ledger of the Deep and is known personally to Poseidon, or Neptune, the god of the sea. It is logical therefore, if we wish to change the name of our boat, the first thing we must do is to purge its name from the Ledger of the Deep and from Poseidon’s memory.

http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

Granny Fish
01-04-2008, 08:56 AM
That sounds serious! You better make sure you do it right... don't want to have bad luck! :secret:

Beeracuda211
01-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Beers and Boats are a recipe for luck!! LOL

B/C

FISH ON
01-07-2008, 06:57 PM
REEL DEAL
GOOD TIMES
MOJO MAKER
and a course there's always "JENNY"
GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOURS IN 08. WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOUR REPORTS.

Dude47
01-07-2008, 07:19 PM
REEL DEAL
GOOD TIMES
MOJO MAKER
and a course there's always "JENNY"
GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOURS IN 08. WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOUR REPORTS.
I can see it now, Did you ride JENNY? Cause I road her last weekend...she was all wet...

Tail Chaser
01-16-2008, 07:58 PM
O' Yea,
Kind of like, Sinkin Soon
Should make that my avatar name,

HUNTW/SWIMBAIT
01-16-2008, 08:04 PM
YOU SHOULD NAME IT THE "BROWN TROUT" LIKE A PIECE OF S#*# THAT FLOATS DOWN CURRENT

dogomudda
01-20-2008, 01:59 AM
Hakunamatata comes to mind

MrSteve87
01-20-2008, 04:51 PM
I heard once that once a boat is names it is TERRIBLE luck to rename her. Not to be a downer or anything. Maybe you should cal it "Tuna Helper" or "Smells like fish but tastes like chicken" Just a thought

kanco
01-23-2008, 12:21 PM
How about

"It-Floats!" :)

jase33
01-25-2008, 03:33 PM
"SS DINK_ANATOR"

britheguy
02-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Orca
Titanic II
Fishin Oracle or just Oracle