PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Motors On Pontoons

Socal Bassman
12-30-2007, 09:44 AM
For all you tooners with trolling motors, is there a difference between having the motor in the front of the toon instead of the back? Just curious because I've seen some with them on the front, while most have them mounted on the back. I'm still waiting for some ends.

Ronira
12-30-2007, 12:45 PM
I've never tried mine in front SoCal, mainly because rear deck is allready set up for a battery and motor and I would have to extend the motor wires to reach the battery. It would probably work pretty good though. Did you get a toon or what. The suspence is killing me man.

Socal Bassman
12-30-2007, 05:04 PM
For all you tooners with trolling motors, is there a difference between having the motor in the front of the toon instead of the back? Just curious because I've seen some with them on the front, while most have them mounted on the back. I'm still waiting for some ends.
Nope no toon yet, dawg. :( All I can say is it's in the works. Just have to wait for a check to come in.

shyliner
12-30-2007, 07:50 PM
With the motor in front youll be pulling and you wont start spinning, so it be easier to fish and troll at the same time, handle wind better. With the motor in the back the toon tends to start turning which means you have to constantly steer. The overall weight would be more evened out with the motor in front and battery in back but no leg room, also better in the wind. Thats my 2 cents

Socal Bassman
12-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the info. I figured the weight distribution part would be one advantage. But wouldn't the head of the motor be facing the wrong way? I mean when the motor is in the back, "forward" is forward. Then if it's in the front, then "forward" is actually reverse. Is that right? If so, then would you have to turn the head around so it will be going the right way? A foot controlled one would be neat, but the mounts on those things are too big to mount on any standing deck. Not to mention that they're pricey.

shyliner
12-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Haha your getting a little to fancy with the foot controller idea now lol you can flip the handle a 180 degrees.

tacklejunkie
12-31-2007, 11:40 AM
A foot control trolling motor on a pontoon would be off the hook! 8)
I think your right about the motor being in front. Better drag steering maybe. The toon might follow the motor and track better.

shyliner
01-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah better drag steering, thats the word Im looking for. lol check out this toon with a motor in the front. haha

tacklejunkie
01-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Man, Eye tew you whut! Ifn' I'da seen dat dere contraption 'for I'd baught my 'toon, I'da built me one'a dem! Yes sur! :lol:

Whatever does the trick! He's smarter than us and put it on the front :lol:

Ronira
01-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Yep, at air isa gooder

Z-TUNAKILLER
01-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Yeah better drag steering, thats the word Im looking for. lol check out this toon with a motor in the front. haha

^ LMFAO ..... now thats a TOON ? ^

socal, GETTTTEERRRRRR-DONE

you will be tooning in this new year, wind & weather been bad. take your time and get the toon of your dreams, just don't wait to long .

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Z

FISH ON !