PDA

View Full Version : aquarius 5/4

aspastic
05-04-2007, 10:16 PM
i went on the aquarius today at 6 am having not slept a wink. i was up all night watching tv and putting fresh line on my rod. i got to the pier and didnt see anyone else who was going to fish so i went to buy my ticket and the the lady said i was the only one there!. i was kinda worried that they wouldnt run the boat because there werent enough people. but she told me that as long as theres anyone ready to fish the boat will go out. :D the captain told me that i was going to be fishing in water 10-25 fathoms deep a couple of miles from the pier. he made it sound like that was a bad thing but i prefer fishing the shallow- get less tired reeling in and the fish fight more. the deckhand tied some dropper loops on my pole but they were a bit too long and i wasnt feeling any bites. after half an hour i retied my pole with shorter loops and the difference was amazing. as soon as i dropped in i could feel the smallest nibble! the captain asked if i didnt mind any music and put on the radio! it was pretty cool being out on this boat all to myself listening to tunes and catching fish- all for 37 bux!!! i caught some honeycomb, brownies, and a couple of ruby lipped tree fish. the deckhand and captain caught a sheephead and some rockfish. i got back home and passed out for a good 6 hours. it was a really good day :D

victor101
05-04-2007, 10:34 PM
a whole cattle boat to yourself...that sound awesome! 8)

hakaveli
05-04-2007, 10:58 PM
that about chartering lol thats awesome

Wildhorse1966
05-05-2007, 12:34 AM
wow that says alot about the boat if they are willing to go out with only 1 guy there

05-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Thats a first!!! I've been hearing good things about that boat lately. i may have to try it one of these days... :lol:

EricU
05-05-2007, 09:05 AM
It must have felt like you had your own fishing boat chauffeur.

I will bet you never had your line tangled.

...and it was real easy to win the jackpot.

Thank you for the report and pictures.

JapanRon
05-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi aspastic,

Nice report and pics. I'm still intrigued why you don't have your pics displayed without the frame and irrelative data ..... but it's no real biggy.

Thank you so much for the report and WTG of the fish and the willingness to change fishing setups! Some guys use the very same everything all day long ...... without catching a single fish and come back saying they tried but no luck! Huh ?! :wink:

I've noticed a lot of consistantly sucessful anglers targeting Sheephead consistantly use 4, 5, or even 6 foot leaders! hummm

Malibu ...... dang that's a 'traffic-wise killer' for me !! Otherwise ......

JapanRon