PDA

View Full Version : Reflections of My Last Journey to Twin Lakes

sky
12-27-2007, 07:45 AM
info outdated :Confused:

one_leg
12-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Sky, thank you for another great report.

I have a feeling that one of these days, you and I are gonna do some high mountain remote stream fishing together. Maybe with a small group of other anglers.

Have you ever done any trips into the more isolated areas using pack mules and/or horses?
That kind of trip at the top of my list of desires. Could you recommend any of your favorite locations?

Thanks for posting up the report.

One_Leg

IncredibleHuck
12-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Sky,

Thanks for that great report! It reminds me of the time I was fishing at Lake Mamie in Mammoth and we could see the wall of rain coming over the mountains and we couldn't get off the lake quick enough to get get out of the rain. Instead we stayed under the bridge in our tubes. Stayed under there for 20 minutes, till we decided to make a run for the van. When we got to the Van I didn't have the car keys on me, just the emergency door key! :shock: So I went back to where we launched and right there next to the water's edge was the keys to the car! WHEW! :wink:

one_leg
12-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Sky, thank you the reply. I was told that I could probably handle a mule if I was wearing my prosthesis. I never thought about the animal being spooked. That could be a real bummer!

I know that I could handle loading and unloading a kayak relatively easy. I'm not too sure about getting back on one though, if I were to unfortunately find myself in the water.

One_Leg

Granny Fish
12-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Those are some nice pictures Sky. That water does look churned up a bit. Those storms come up quick up there. Glad you got back safely. Thanks for the report. 8)

sweetfish
12-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Wow. Your adventure reminds me of a time when I fished the Virgina lakes. My bros, dad, and I went over the top of the mountain at Virginia lakes to find new lakes we were told about. Needless to say, sun was shining bright and clear on the start of our trek. This was in July sometime. We get over the top and about a mile from the peak the weather changes and gets cold. We are in shorts and tshirts. To make this short we get caught in a little snow storm. Man, did I learn my lesson about the quick weather changes in the sierras.

Thanks for your story and glad you made it back safely.