PDA

View Full Version : PLASTICS IN THE BAY????

the fish taco
12-26-2007, 10:54 AM
JUST WANTED TO SEE IF YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME OUT ON WHAT TYPES,COLOR,AND SIZE OF PLASTICS ARE YOU GUYS USING IN THE BAY??? WHAT TYPES OF OTHER BAITS ARE YOU GUYS USING????

THANKS....

kixchad2002
12-26-2007, 12:09 PM
storm baits

yellowtail44
12-26-2007, 12:24 PM
I personally like big hammers 3 or 4 inch for the bay. i like the colors that resemble anchovies or sardines the most but done well with just about any color. good luck. check it out here, i like to just buy the clearance section as you get great deals...

http://www.swimbait.com/hammer.htm

the fish taco
12-26-2007, 02:52 PM
cool thanks guys. i just got into fishing Newport Harbor. Usually i just set at the docks and wait for a bite. Just bought a Calcutta 250 w/ a Calcutta 6'9 rod and a Diawa Coastal reel w/ a Calcutta 6'9 rod. Fishing 8lb test on both. I went to Longfin and stocked up on the 3in Big Hammer swimbaits. I'll check out this site tho. Spent about 120.00 on swim baits and lead heads alone....

BassCatchinAssasin
12-26-2007, 03:04 PM
I toss 3inch hammers in halloween and motor oil colors.

the fish taco
12-26-2007, 03:32 PM
cool. thanks... i usually fish at the public docks or rent a skiff.....

dirthead
12-26-2007, 11:11 PM
4" or 5" texas rigged single tail grub. weedless throw it in the thickest eel grass you can find and hang on.
DIRTHEAD

PUDD MASTER BAITER
12-27-2007, 08:08 AM
TAKE A ROD THAT WILL WORK FOR DROP SHOT .USE A #1 DROP SHOT HOOK 1/2OZ. WIEGHT, WITH A 18"TO 24" TAG. BUY SOME BABY GREEN ASSNS. OR ANCOVEY COLORS, ANY THING THAT RESEMBLES A BAIT FISH, LIKE THE POWBAIT MINNOWS. I LIKE THE BASS TRICK MINNOWS, 3 TO 4". IF THE PLASTICS JIGS DONT WORK ,YOU WILL FIND THIS WAY MORE PRODUCTIVE. WE CATCH TONS OF HALIBUTS,BASS AND CROAKERS. GOOD LUCK, AND GO GET THEM MIKE THE PMB......

the fish taco
12-27-2007, 09:28 AM
storm baits

What types???

I toss 3inch hammers in halloween and motor oil colors.

I bought some of those at Longfin. What size of lead heads?

I personally like big hammers 3 or 4 inch for the bay. i like the colors that resemble anchovies or sardines the most but done well with just about any color. good luck. check it out here, i like to just buy the clearance section as you get great deals...

http://www.swimbait.com/hammer.htm

COOL site.... I'll be ordering ALOT of stuff on there now. Gonna place my 1st order today....

N-E-ONE interested in hitting up the bay this Sunday?

the fish taco
12-27-2007, 09:33 AM
TAKE A ROD THAT WILL WORK FOR DROP SHOT .USE A #1 DROP SHOT HOOK 1/2OZ. WIEGHT, WITH A 18"TO 24" TAG. BUY SOME BABY GREEN ASSNS. OR ANCOVEY COLORS, ANY THING THAT RESEMBLES A BAIT FISH, LIKE THE POWBAIT MINNOWS. I LIKE THE BASS TRICK MINNOWS, 3 TO 4". IF THE PLASTICS JIGS DONT WORK ,YOU WILL FIND THIS WAY MORE PRODUCTIVE. WE CATCH TONS OF HALIBUTS,BASS AND CROAKERS. GOOD LUCK, AND GO GET THEM MIKE THE PMB......

I usually drop shot the Gulp Jerk Shads and the Zoom Super Flukes or the AA Jerk Shads for Sand bass at the Huntinton Flats and Horse Shoe Kelp with a 1 oz set-up... Its killer for the sculpin too!!!! That i will use my Calcutta 400 w/ a Calcutta 815 rod w/ 15lb test.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
12-27-2007, 09:44 AM
WERE GOING SUN.AM EARLY FROM SHORE. WERE GOING TO THE BOLSA RESERVE. WEVE BEEN HAMMERING THE HALI,BASS AND CROAKERS WITH THE DROP SHOT RIG, I MENTIONED EARLIER. WE ARE OPEN FOR A NEWPORT BAY TRIP IF YOU WANT SOME COMPANY. GOOD LUCK MIKE THE PMB....

the fish taco
12-27-2007, 10:24 AM
WERE GOING SUN.AM EARLY FROM SHORE. WERE GOING TO THE BOLSA RESERVE. WEVE BEEN HAMMERING THE HALI,BASS AND CROAKERS WITH THE DROP SHOT RIG, I MENTIONED EARLIER. WE ARE OPEN FOR A NEWPORT BAY TRIP IF YOU WANT SOME COMPANY. GOOD LUCK MIKE THE PMB....

I'll be there at about 7am. What time you guys rolling out there?

kichigai1
12-27-2007, 07:31 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PUDD MASTER BAITER
12-28-2007, 07:13 AM
MY PARTNER GARYS LIKES TO FISH BAIT MAINLY .WE ALWAYS GET A FEW DOZEN GHOST SHRIMP AT BIG FISH WERE THERE BY 5AM.FOR MYSELF IM A DROP SHOT FREAK. I FIND IT OUT FISHES PLATICS SWIM BAITS AND HARD BAIT. IF YOUR FISHING FROM SHORE SHOOT ME A PM WHERE YOU ARE GOING.. WE WERE HEADING TO THE RESERVE. SEND ME A PM..

the fish taco
12-28-2007, 10:34 AM
i'm down to go sunday.... PM sent!!!