PDA

View Full Version : memorial day weekend

mr. trout
05-04-2007, 03:30 PM
hey, im planning a trip up to bishop on memorial day weekend and im kind of worried about the fish stocking schedual. since i live a long way away and my dad takes me and pays for it, i feel bad if we do bad. it says that dfg will stock tueseday the 21st i was was wandering if that would be a problem since its such a busy weekend. i was also wondering if anyone knew a website where i could get the schedual for the alpers plants, thanks

Sierra_Smitty
05-04-2007, 04:51 PM
First, DO NOT judge your whole Sierra trip on how many fish you catch....that is what you do when you visit a place like SARL that doesn't have anything going for it aside from fish. Secondly, the fishing is ALWAYS good up here, if you know where to find the fish and what to use to catch them. If you don't know those two key pieces of information, ask someone in the know, a local (like me), the guy at the tackle shop or better yet, explore a little and find some holes. Fish usually find themselves in the same places year after year, when you find those spots, it doesn't matter if the stocking truck was there that day or 6 days before, the fish will be there. If you end up in the Bishop Creek Canyon, stop by Parchers or South Lake and talk to me or my brother Lane.....we'll point you in the right direction.

I never know when my Alpers are going to be stocked until the day of typically.....I know which week, but I never know which day. I imagine it's the same for most folks. Because of that I don't know anyone who posts it. Even if we did know specifically when, we probably wouldn't post it because the last thing I want is 50 stocking truck chasers roping my fish off the launch ramp while they're still disoriented.

The creek is a little different in our canyon....we get a plant every week....the Middle Fork one week and then the South Fork the next.

Big Country
05-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Mr. Trout,

Check your pm (personal message) and I have a few words/tips for you.

BC

Faulter_Mike
05-05-2007, 03:00 AM
smitty, I'm new to posting this board but have been following for quite a while. I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all of the insight and information you provide to everyone down here in socal in regards to whats going on up there. I'll be up on sunday and hope to come in and say what's up.... please tell me you have sierra nevada on tap brotha, cuz I'm sure I'll need one, lol.

Joshua
05-05-2007, 08:17 PM
hey, im planning a trip up to bishop on memorial day weekend and im kind of worried about the fish stocking schedual. since i live a long way away and my dad takes me and pays for it, i feel bad if we do bad. it says that dfg will stock tueseday the 21st i was was wandering if that would be a problem since its such a busy weekend. i was also wondering if anyone knew a website where i could get the schedual for the alpers plants, thanks
I will be up there around that time. Coming on wedneday and staying thru Sunday. You can follow me around for half a day. I will put you onto some fish. It will cost you 2 bags of Frito Lay BBQ Sunflower seeds. They are 2 for a buck.