PDA

View Full Version : Back to Back Surf Calico Sunday 12/23/07

Wingnut
12-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Got a call from Mike (Kichigai1) and his buddy Dave from SCSF calling me out on the two Calicos that I pulled out of the surf yesterday. Maybe it was a fluke... or is it??? Just kidding guys... :Wink: they just want to see if the spot was really a Calico producer. The three of us got to the North Malibu area around 7:00am. A bit windy today and not quite as clear.

I'm going to make this report very short. Bottom line, I pulled out another small Calico on the Ito Vision 110 Akahara Iwashi. They were jumping chasing baitfish all day... Mike said that we would have killed them if we had plastics & swimbaits... next time! :Twisted:
We fished the area thoroughly & headed for a second location & racked up on the short Butts. The total count for the day. (1) Calico (1) Barred Surf Perch (9) Short Halibuts... nothing too spectacular but fun nevertheless. Great fishing with you guys again Mike & Dave. :Big Grin:

Dana, too bad you couldn't join us today my friend. Hope you scored wherever you were. :Wink: :Secret:

My third Calico out of the surf in consecutive days. Funniest thing, as I was taking the hook out, Dave said what is that sticking out of its throat?!? I pulled it out & it was a 2 inch Gobby or baby Cabezon. We tripped out because it started flopping around. The Calico just ate it right before I pulled it out of the water. We threw the little thing back in the water & it took off... priceless.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Picture001-5.jpg

Big Dave... the coolest dude! I gotta get you a Team 57 shirt man. :Wink:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Picture003-4.jpg

Mike... is that a tear in your eye? Sorry about the equipment problems today. :Wink:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Picture004-4.jpg

Some shorties... they were all short today... oh well... They love the LC 110 Candy Sardine today.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Picture005-4.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Picture006-4.jpg

Peace to all... "Remember the Reason for the Season." :Cool:

Arthur (Wingnut) :Envious:

midtownfishingclub
12-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Nice report. Great job on the calicos back to back.

Fisherman57
12-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Cool Arthur!

Another checker from the surf..... very nice!

I was working the beach north of you...... Ill shoot ya a PM with details rather than hijack your thread!

Nice work out there guys!..... thanks for the Team 57 rep!
We gotta get Big Dave a T57 shirt! :wink:

calico killer kevin
12-23-2007, 08:14 PM
:notworthy: once again Wingnut. I think the stripers back at pyramid are getting lonely... :D

yacker
12-23-2007, 09:43 PM
thanks for the info- keep up the slaying of the calicos and halis!

Fisher-of-Men
12-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Some shorties...they were all short today...oh well. :| They love the LC 110 Candy Sardine today.

Peace to all ... "Remember the Reason for the Season..."[/color][/b]

Arthur (Wingnut) :mrgreen:

Good job out there Wingnut! What is that white fish you caught, without any eyes that looks like an albino Halibut?

Merry Christmas!

Jesus is the Reason for the Season! :banana:

Fisher-of-Men

Troutman65
12-23-2007, 10:50 PM
WTG Arthur !!!

Thanks for the report and pics !!

Merry Christmas !!!

TM65

calico killer kevin
12-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Some shorties...they were all short today...oh well. :| They love the LC 110 Candy Sardine today.

Peace to all ... "Remember the Reason for the Season..."[/color][/b]

Arthur (Wingnut) :mrgreen:

Good job out there Wingnut! What is that white fish you caught, without any eyes that looks like an albino Halibut?

Merry Christmas!

Jesus is the Reason for the Season! :banana:

Fisher-of-Men

LOL thats funny. Those are just upside down halibuts.

hakaveli
12-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Great Job out there again hope to see u soon for them butts and calicos

one_leg
12-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Nice fish, Arthur. Congrats to you!

O_L

sansou
12-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Congrats Arthur! You're on fire!

Good job on the "albino halibut".....he he he :wink:

bones
12-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Great Job on the calicos from the surf. Let me know if you happen to find one of those candy sardine LC's floating around topanga. I pitched one off in the surf a few weeks back.....OUCH.....It always hurts when you see your $18 lure fly past the breakers :oops:

You guys look like you had a blast!
Thanks for sharing and Merry Fishmas to all 8)

Wingnut
12-26-2007, 12:33 AM
Midtownfishingclub wrote: Nice report. Great job on the calicos back to back.
Thanks for the PM.
It was a surprise the first time I pulled one out of the surf... and even more so the second time.

Fisherman57 wrote: Cool Arthur!
Another checker from the surf..... very nice!
I was working the beach north of you...... Ill shoot ya a PM with details rather than hijack your thread!
Nice work out there guys!..... thanks for the Team 57 rep!
We gotta get Big Dave a T57 shirt!
Alright Dana, can't wait for the details of your outing. :secret:
Big Dave's shirts are on order! We'll get some of these SCSF guys converted. :wink:

Calico Killer Kevin wrote: Once again Wingnut. I think the stripers back at pyramid are getting lonely...
I'm gonna let those Castaic & Pyramid Stripers get comfortable & then slay them when they least expect it! :twisted:

Yacker wrote: Thanks for the info- keep up the slaying of the calicos and halis!
Now if only I can get them much bigger... that would be really nice. :lol:

Fisher-of-Men wrote: Good job out there Wingnut! What is that white fish you caught, without any eyes that looks like an albino Halibut?
FoM, that's just the underside of the Halibut. They're a strange & beautiful creature. Merry Christmas to you too! And YES, He IS the reason... In the hussle & bussle of the Holiday season, sometimes people forget. :D

Troutman65 wrote: WTG Arthur !!!
Thanks for the report and pics !!
Merry Christmas !!!
TM65
Yo Patrick, when are you gonna try surf fishing bro?!? 8)

Hakaveli wrote: Great Job out there again hope to see u soon for them butts and calicos.
Hey Dennis, did you get the package yet?

One_Leg wrote: Nice fish, Arthur. Congrats to you!
O_L
Thanks Alan... the Calico was a surprise bonus.

Sansou wrote: Congrats Arthur! You're on fire!
Good job on the "albino halibut".....he he he
If you see smoke coming off of me...don't put me out. Being on fire is good! Before I started surf fishing, I couldn't tell the difference between a Flounder & a Halibut... :lol:

Bones wrote: Great Job on the calicos from the surf. Let me know if you happen to find one of those candy sardine LC's floating around topanga. I pitched one off in the surf a few weeks back.....OUCH.....It always hurts when you see your $18 lure fly past the breakers
You guys look like you had a blast!
Thanks for sharing and Merry Fishmas to all.
Losing a LC sucks for two reasons; The cost is one... the second, they are so hard to find in the pattern that you want & Candy Sardine is one of them. Can't wait until the new 2008 Flashminnow series becomes available!

troutdog
12-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Wingnut the Eveready fisherman...he just keeps catching and catching and catching.... :lol:

TD

Brian_GSC
12-26-2007, 02:04 AM
Killer report dude. I'm jealous.

Hitts0n
12-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Hey Wingnut do me a favor next time you catch a hali ! MAKE UM MMMMMM BLEEEEEEEEEED ! cALL IT THE MAKEUMBLEED HITTS PIC ! :twisted: