PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Harbor - Shallow Spots

DA_Beaut
12-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Long time no post for me but now I'm back in action, hitting the water on a weekly basis.

Just wanted to gives a heads up about long beach harbor, towards the Queen Mary Launch Ramp. Coming home from the Island at 4pm on Saturday I was putting up the channel, heading towards the launch ramp staying mid-channel, I hit 4 sand bars under the water... Ended up taking out my prop and sand blasting my out drive. Water depth was 22 inches at each of the sand bars. I don't want anyone else to have these same problems.

Other than that - it was a beautiful day on the water, calm seas, crisp air and the reminder that it's Christmas in a few days.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

calico killer kevin
12-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Welcome back!
22 inches of water in the harbor? Thats nuts :shock:

Merry Christmas

Calico Killer Kevin

Re8elmonk0341
12-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Hey Rob good to hear from you and see you post again buddy.

Fisher-of-Men
12-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks for L :shock: :shock: king out! That info is well appreciated. :wink:

Merry Christmas!

Fisher-of-Men

Jikser
12-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Low tide sucks in that area. I recall jumping out of a buddy's boat to push it out and clear the sand bar as we made our way back in south shore ramp. water was below my knees. good to hear from you again Rob. now, when are we fixing my trailer? :)

Re8elmonk0341
12-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Rob. now, when are we fixing my trailer? :)
Yah Rob help, this man out! He needs to get his boat on the water so we can head to CI, lobster season wont last forever!

DA_Beaut
01-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Ill be in HB tonight and will be heading home tomorrow afternoon. Are you going to be around - Ill swing by, get the dimensions and have it squared away by next weekend... AND - you know you can always grab my baby and hit the water...

Ill give you a call later tonight