PDA

View Full Version : Divers fins or force fins?

fisherkid47
12-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Hey guys, I just need to buy a new pair of fins for my tube and I can't decide weather or not to buy a pair of divers fins, or force fins. So I was just wondering, which pair would be faster, and more energy efficient?
Help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
fisherkid

feesh
12-22-2007, 09:16 PM
I would stick with the diver fins. The force fins aren't worth the money

feesh

Socal Bassman
12-23-2007, 07:58 PM
I use a pair of Mares Plana X3 dive fins. They're much more efficient than my old thruster style fins. I don't know about Force Fins, but I know people who swear by them. I think they're too pricey though.

fishergirl62
12-23-2007, 09:44 PM
fisherkid,

Don't buy divers fins! I know they are cheaper but they just aren't the same. I tried it myself & have since upgraded to HotSpots and they are well worth the money. Here's the problem with divers fins...they are made to work when the diver is face down not face up in a sitting position. The angle of the fin and the resistance holes or slots cut in are backwards making it much harder to kick. Hot spots or forcefins are so much easier on your legs and you get where you're going much faster. :2cents: :2cents:

fisherkid47
12-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the advice!! I know the force fins are much better, but there a little bit to much. Do you think there really worth 20-4o dollars more more?

pescado abajo
12-23-2007, 10:29 PM
just get hotspots. i think most here would agree that they are as good as, if not better, than force fins. and for those who swear by force fins, they would say that hotspots are better than divers fins. hotspots are also $20-$30 cheaper than force fins i believe. i personally own a pair of hotspots and love them.

Nessie Hunter
12-24-2007, 09:59 AM
HOT SPOTS................. :banana: :banana:

tacklejunkie
12-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Always wanted force fins but couldn't afford them after purchasing all my other gear..
My step in outcast fins work fine, but I've nothing to compare them to.

fisherkid47
12-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the help!! After what I heard I might get some hot spots, but I have no clue where to get them. Does anybody know what stores carry them that are nearest to granada hills?

pescado abajo
12-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the help!! After what I heard I might get some hot spots, but I have no clue where to get them. Does anybody know what stores carry them that are nearest to granada hills?

good choice. you can get them at turners. not sure if there's one near granada hills, though. let us know how you like your fins, whichever you choose.

fisherkid47
12-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Mom wouldn't drive me out to turners :evil: :evil: so I had to settle w/ a pair of divers fins from sport chalet since I couldn't find any hot spots. There tusa liberators, and for 55 bucks there pretty good and should work just fine. And since there much less than the force fins, I can now get my new pole. Thanks for the help everyone :D

fisherkid

yellowtail44
12-26-2007, 12:39 PM
I use force fins and I love them, they are small in size and have great maneuverbility and thrust...

DaFish
12-26-2007, 08:09 PM
fisherkid,

Don't buy divers fins! I know they are cheaper but they just aren't the same. I tried it myself & have since upgraded to HotSpots and they are well worth the money. Here's the problem with divers fins...they are made to work when the diver is face down not face up in a sitting position. The angle of the fin and the resistance holes or slots cut in are backwards making it much harder to kick. Hot spots or forcefins are so much easier on your legs and you get where you're going much faster. :2cents: :2cents:

Can you just use the waders with the hot spots? Or do you have to buy the boots too?

pescado abajo
12-26-2007, 09:43 PM
fisherkid,

Can you just use the waders with the hot spots? Or do you have to buy the boots too?

boots not necessary

BBL2Baja
12-27-2007, 07:03 PM
I use split divers fins and never have had a problem. Yeah, they don't float like Hot Spots, but they work really well. No problems with them being built "backwards". I've been able to keep up with anybody I've ever tubed with, which has included people wearing Hot Spots. (PA! :wink: )

Later,
Scott

pescado abajo
12-27-2007, 10:41 PM
I use split divers fins and never have had a problem. Yeah, they don't float like Hot Spots, but they work really well. No problems with them being built "backwards". I've been able to keep up with anybody I've ever tubed with, which has included people wearing Hot Spots. (PA! :wink: )

Later,
Scott

i was only kicking w/ one leg :wink: i didn't want to leave you behind in that HUGE lake, scott!

one_leg
12-27-2007, 10:52 PM
:rofl: