PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Shrimp

calico killer kevin
12-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Hey, does anybody know any good spots to catch ghost shrimp?
I already have the long tube to pull them out, but I just don't know where to use it?
Don't worry I can keep a secret and if you prefer to pm me thats cool too.
If anyone knows where to find them I'd appreciate it.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,

Calico Killer Kevin

mg2969
12-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Huntington Harbor
end of countess (either side , off edinger
public beach off of trindad island

KaliDawgFan
12-24-2007, 10:17 AM
I've had luck at Mother's Beach in Long Beach at low tide. You can also get some clams.

Wayne Palmer
01-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Calico Killer Kevin - Have you gone shrimp-en yet. How plentiful are they. If you or anyone else reading this have anything to share, I am interested...

calico killer kevin
01-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Me and my dad went last Sunday with our shrimp pump to MG's first recommended spot and we only found one tiny ghost shrimp.

Calico Killer Kevin

P.S. It's very muddy and only come at low tide or else you won't get anything.

Wayne Palmer
01-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Calico Killer Kevin - thanks for the info. I plan to visit Mother's Beach this Friday or Saturday during low tide. I'll post my findings...
Thanks ~ Wayne

maxpowers
01-10-2008, 08:09 AM
My go to spot is the santa ana river mouth. It is the border of huntington beach and newport beach. I used to pump a lot from the lagoon side but it is not as productive anymore. You may have to go to the sandbar next to the bridge. You will see the sandbar I am referring to when you get there. Remember take only as much as you need or are allowed by law (50/person) whichever is less. I usually only take about 2 to 3 dozens as I never runs out of bait when I go.

Mike