PDA

View Full Version : 5/3 Last Minute "The Wall" Fishing

Wildhorse1966
05-04-2007, 03:35 AM
** note ** this is the 3rd time launching out of davies and i am not familar with the area :oops:

i was at work and a friend came down and started talking to me about fishing the wall and was like i have been reading duc's posts and it looks good ... well needless to say we both decided we wanted to go tonight .. so we launched out of davies at 8:30 pm came back in around 11:30 we didnt get into big fish but at least we didnt get skunked ...

final count was
1 sculpin
1 sargo
3 calico bass
1 sand bass

everything released ...

bait was squid strips and asstd plastics

good things ... boat is running awesome and the new LED trailer lights look awesome
bad things ... i am still having problems with my bait tank pump, my bilge pump took a crap and i still want to change my bait tank to bigger one ...

ahhvtec
05-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Hey Wildwhore, let me know when you want to go out we can buddy boat. Nice work on the fishies!

Duc

ahhvtec
05-04-2007, 07:47 AM
P.S. I have a couple bait and bilge pumps you can have.

Duc

Wildhorse1966
05-04-2007, 08:37 AM

Duc

my bait pump is brand new ... i just installed it a couple weeks ago and i could hear it running but it just wouldnt pump

and i have a new bilge pump already so i will install it this weekend

thanks for the offer though i appreciate it

i will probally take you up on the offer on the buddy boat sounds fun and educational :lol:

JapanRon
05-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi wildhorse1966,

Good job on just getting out!! Truth is ...... it takes a special breed to fish the wall at night consistantly Winter and Summer!!

Hope you get addicted! :lol:

JapanRon

ahhvtec
05-04-2007, 09:03 AM

Duc

my bait pump is brand new ... i just installed it a couple weeks ago and i could hear it running but it just wouldnt pump

i will probally take you up on the offer on the buddy boat sounds fun and educational :lol:Well if your bait pump is pumping but there is no water, you can do one of two things. Shorten up your nipple if you can so that the pump is below the water line, I assume that it is a thru hull? Pump is more than likely above the water line therefore dry pumping nothing but air.

Or you can prime it by pouring water in your bait thank so that water is draining through your supply line giving your pump some water to creat suction. Hope that helps, if need be we can meet at the launch and I can help ya. No worries.

Duc

Wildhorse1966
05-04-2007, 09:53 AM

Duc

i will probally take you up on the offer on the buddy boat sounds fun and educational :lol:Well if your bait pump is pumping but there is no water, you can do one of two things. Shorten up your nipple if you can so that the pump is below the water line, I assume that it is a thru hull? Pump is more than likely above the water line therefore dry pumping nothing but air.

Or you can prime it by pouring water in your bait thank so that water is draining through your supply line giving your pump some water to creat suction. Hope that helps, if need be we can meet at the launch and I can help ya. No worries.

Duc

i did move the new pump up about 6 inches ... so i bet your right it is above the water line ... i will move it and try it again

thanks for the comments Japan Ron i am already addicted to fishing the wall .. it is easy to get to and i can fish it at night (i work 6 days a week so late evenings are best for me )

fishnfool
05-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Nice Ralph....Good to see ya gettin out there

EricU
05-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Nice going on the "Wall Banging"

Ya'll ought to start a salt bassing club with that name - ya'll kill out there all the time.

Thank you for the report.