PDA

View Full Version : Tubing at elezebeth PICS!!!

fisherkid47
12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
We headed up to Lake Elezebeth around 9 am and got there around 10 am. Perfect waters, almost glass. I set up my tube, and my friend set up his pool raft or so called ''FISH CAT 5'' lmao. The water was pretty cold so I wore breathable waders with sweat pants underneath, I'd say the temperature was in the 50's. We launched about 12:20. We headed towards the right side of the lake where most of the trout are. There were no weeds at all, besides the ones at bottom 2 feet of the lake that are always there. The water was crap w/ only about 8 inches of visibility. We were both going for trout. I mostly fly-fished w/ an olive bugger, and my friend used jigs and also threw out a bugger. Hours passed w/ nothing, so we tried the beach. Some guys were smoking pot next to us, so we left back out in the tube and raft soon after. Soon as we got out my friend caught a bird in his net that was snagged on some line. We untangled him and he was set free. 2 more hours passed w/ nothing. The trout really have dissapared after thoes 4-6 stockings. Tried every good trout spot and only one bite. So we headed home around 4pm. Even though we caught nothing, we had an awesome time. Enjoy the pics :D :D

feesh
12-17-2007, 08:00 PM
james, ur just jealous I have the fish cat 5!! And u forgot 2 mention that on that ball of line the bird was snagged on there was a rapala! good karma :banana:

great report feesh

fisherkid47
12-17-2007, 09:02 PM
haha, it was a replica of replica of a rapala :D

everm
12-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Great report and pix. You'll get them next time.

everm

Santa Fe Eric
12-17-2007, 11:13 PM
I love tubing that lake when there is no wind!
You'll get them next time.
Eric

Fisher-of-Men
12-18-2007, 05:05 AM
Glad you had fun out on the water with your tube! Nice job catching the Cormorant. Now go out and net up all the rest! :lol: Those pesky little devils will dive under water and rob your hooks blind if you're not careful. I usually take my slingshot with me and deter their efforts. :mrgreen: Luckily for them; I'm not a very good shot; but it keeps them off my bait. :lol:

Merry Christmas!

Fisher-of-Men

Ronira
12-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the report and pics fellas. That place looks like it has some decent bass habitat.

BIGRED KILLA
12-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the report and pics.That pool raft looks comfortable to sleep on out there :D

Bigred

Devious 1
12-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Damn!!!! :evil: What is going on with that place? The only thing that looks diff. from last year this time, judging from your pictures, is the water clairty. I haven't seen a report of anyone catching trout up there yet this season... :cry:

fisherkid47
12-18-2007, 07:14 PM
I know, its crazy!! And the conditions are almost perfect for trout except for the water clarity. I didn't see any dead trout, or sick ones at the surface. They just dissapared for some reason :evil: :evil: :evil: