PDA

View Full Version : HB!damn!

GeordyBass
12-15-2007, 04:11 PM
today i went to huntington beach...
i was tryin to get the cali's and sand basses.NO FREAKEN LUCK!then i went for halibuts and anything that would eat chovies with no luck! :banana:
:skunk:
damn that skunk!

SanDimasLMB
12-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Too bad about the :skunk: Atleast you got to go out and fish.

ikeman
12-15-2007, 05:52 PM
I feel for you. Count 'em :skunk: :skunk: :skunk Three days in a row @ Dana!! I am cursed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tough fishing the harbor from the jetties and walkways lately. The water's crystal clear right now and dead low in the evening, so thats out. I think the bass hiding are in deeper areas. I dont know

ikeman
12-15-2007, 05:54 PM
S@#T! I even just got punked by the last skunk! :bang:

GeordyBass
12-15-2007, 06:03 PM
lets change my name to "SKUNKMASTER818" :banana: :gayfight:

JapanRon
12-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi bassmaster818,

Are you kiddin' ?? You're all unhappy you got skunked one lousy trip!!?! :shock: Dude ... this is the guy that has been fishing on a big boat, out in the middle of the Horseshoe Kelp, with everyone chumming the water with Shrimp and Squid .... catching fish left and right and I still can't catch a real fish to save my life !! Like .......... this week !!!! Bozu ni natta !! ... Japanese phrase: I got skunked!!

Two, three, or four skunks in a row ....... and ya got cause to be frustrated !! :? :)

JapanRon

BIGRED KILLA
12-15-2007, 07:35 PM
good luck next time sorry for the :skunk:

bigred

GeordyBass
12-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Hi bassmaster818,

Are you kiddin' ?? You're all unhappy you got skunked one lousy trip!!?! :shock: Dude ... this is the guy that has been fishing on a big boat, out in the middle of the Horseshoe Kelp, with everyone chumming the water with Shrimp and Squid .... catching fish left and right and I still can't catch a real fish to save my life !! Like .......... this week !!!! Bozu ni natta !! ... Japanese phrase: I got skunked!!

Two, three, or four skunks in a row ....... and ya got cause to be frustrated !! :? :)

JapanRon
amen!
i was fishing by the launch ramp at sunset aquatic....no bites,no nothing!the weather was nice anyhow,but i think i should try going on those big fishing boats! :banana:

Fisher-of-Men
12-19-2007, 04:54 AM
today i went to huntington beach...
i was tryin to get the cali's and sand basses.NO FREAKEN LUCK!then i went for halibuts and anything that would eat chovies with no luck! :banana:
damn that skunk!

Better luck next time my Man!

Merry Christmas!

Fisher-of-Men

Ricky-Ray
12-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Skunk or not, at least you got to get out there.

one_leg
12-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Sorry, but that's the way it goes. :|

but i think i should try going on those big fishing boats! :banana:

Come with us, but leave the banana at home. 8)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11746 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11746)

One_Leg

Troutman65
12-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Too bad about the :skunk: Atleast you got to go out and fish.

Ditto !!!

TM65

remso
12-26-2007, 06:53 PM
How about the $120 boat ride to San Nicolas island and back for a good skunking.

Rambogottafish
12-27-2007, 01:26 PM
[quote][/qI feel for you. Count 'em :skunk Three days in a row @ Dana!! I am cursed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tough fishing the harbor from the jetties and walkways lately. The water's crystal clear right now and dead low in the evening, so thats out. I think the bass hiding are in deeper areas. I dont knowuote]
Guys, try 3-inch swimbaits in chartruce coleration, or sardine pattern with 10# test. I fished Dana for years when I lived down there and usually had good luck. Always outfished the bait and wait. Work the bait along the bottom. Fish the tide breaks, should connect.

ikeman
12-28-2007, 11:54 AM
[/qI feel for you. Count 'em :skunk Three days in a row @ Dana!! I am cursed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tough fishing the harbor from the jetties and walkways lately. The water's crystal clear right now and dead low in the evening, so thats out. I think the bass hiding are in deeper areas. I dont knowuote]
Guys, try 3-inch swimbaits in chartruce coleration, or sardine pattern with 10# test. I fished Dana for years when I lived down there and usually had good luck. Always outfished the bait and wait. Work the bait along the bottom. Fish the tide breaks, should connect.

Thanks for the advice. I use similar patterns and the same presentations. I usually kill 'em in the Harbor. The water at the time was as clear as I have ever seen. Just think they were hiding, no cover around the walkways when it's clear like that. The 3" chartruce is the go to color there for sure. Been back since the post and all is well again. I sometimes throw small mojo grubs 1 1/2" in chartruce, salt n pepper, or motor oil with a 1/16oz. darter and that set up slays the bass up tight against the rocks, bounced right off the bottom. Sounds small, but it's deadly.
Jeff