View Full Version : Smoking Mackerel...

legacy1
12-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Can you share your experiences...

Thanks! Legacy1

I

Sparky70
12-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Does smoked Mackerel get U high? Never heard of a mackerel joint before?

WARRIORMIKE
12-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Does smoked Mackerel get U high? Never heard of a mackerel joint before?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :appl: :appl:

that was good

chris
12-17-2007, 10:44 PM
most fish like it bloody no need to cook it for them

DarkShadow
12-18-2007, 02:27 PM
I've got a great recipe for smoked mackerel:

(1) Mackerel, medium size
(1) 10 yard of spectra
(1) Automobile with exposed muffler

You will first prepare the mackerel by threading the spectra around it's body , head to tail, using a hook to penetrate the skin, leaving a long enough tag end on both sides.

Then, find an unsuspecting friend's car, usually the one who caught the least amount of fish that day.

Tie on the spectra to the muffler, using the two tag ends of spectra. Make sure you tie it nice and tight, so that the mackerel body is flush with the muffler.

After 10 days, it has marinated to perfection, and the neighborhood cats will be all over your buddy's car, and comments like, "What's that smell? Smells like a smoked mackerel." will start being more frequent.

Serves from 2 to 20 people, depending on how many are in on the joke.

BakoBassin
12-18-2007, 02:46 PM
I'd say use a four footer...six if you have a buddy there 8)

acor23
12-19-2007, 06:18 PM
here is a recipe, soak a sedar plank, season the mak or carp then nail the fish to the plank and throw in the fire. then when it's nice and crispy,shake off the fish and eat the plank :banana:

sansou
12-19-2007, 06:47 PM

(1) 10 yard of spectra

You will first prepare the mackerel by threading the spectra around it's body , head to tail, using a hook to penetrate the skin, leaving a long enough tag end on both sides.

Then, find an unsuspecting friend's car, usually the one who caught the least amount of fish that day.

Tie on the spectra to the muffler, using the two tag ends of spectra. Make sure you tie it nice and tight, so that the mackerel body is flush with the muffler.

After 10 days, it has marinated to perfection, and the neighborhood cats will be all over your buddy's car, and comments like, "What's that smell? Smells like a smoked mackerel." will start being more frequent.

Make mental note: Check truck after fishing with DS. :twisted:

Fisher-of-Men
12-19-2007, 09:29 PM

(1) 10 yard of spectra

:rofl: Very funny Dark Shadow!

I always enjoy your posts! :lol:

Merry Christmas!

Fisher-of-Men

SanDimasLMB
12-19-2007, 10:01 PM

(1) 10 yard of spectra

LMFAO

remso
12-26-2007, 06:33 PM
But seriously.
:idea:

Montreal steak seasoning + wet mesquite chunks + smoker = fish candy

ikeman
12-26-2007, 09:33 PM
The Perfect Mackerel recipe - Let it sit for a day, chunk it up real good, put it a the bait cage, tie the cage to the lobster hoop, soak it , have a beer, have another beer, and another till you bag a good size legal, go home, prepare the grill, have a beer, split that fat bug straight down the middle, clean it out, throw it in a steamer for a few, have a beer, sprinkle it with some jerk seasoning, baste it with some lime sugar butter, grill it till done, eat it with some red beans and rice, have a another beer. Best Mackerel you will ever eat!! 8)

'Nuff said!

Granny Fish
12-27-2007, 08:51 AM
DS - that was classic! "Serves from 2 to 20 people, depending on how many are in on the joke." :rofl:

As for the question.... I imagine it is like smoking any other type of fish. Why would you want to smoke one? They are very oily and strong flavored. Try some trout instead. :wink: There are lots of smoking recipes readily available online. I'd like a lesson on butterfly filleting. That way I can smoke mine whole without the bones.

HBJapo
12-27-2007, 02:23 PM
You guys are missing out. Use a hookah. More fun for all!

Japo

Greg Madrigal
12-27-2007, 08:01 PM
LOL DarkShadow! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This was a funny post!

GM