PDA

View Full Version : "Big Fish Lake"

madhatter
12-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Hello!
I am a huge fan of the Eastern Sierras, and I always make a winter trip up to Bishop to visit my uncle. I know the Lower Owens and PVR are year-round fisheries, but I noticed on the DFG site that a "Big Fish Lake" in Inyo County is being stocked the week of the 16th. Anybody know where the heck that is? :? My uncle has many secret spots and has no idea where that could be. Any info would be greatly appreciated as I'm planning on making a trip up there before school starts in January!

trout worm
12-13-2007, 01:39 PM
it could be Crowley. they plant fingerlings in the fall/early winter.... and let them go native (so to speak), feast on the bugs and stuff, and let them grow... then they become those hogs that you are so accustomed to there.

Troutman65
12-13-2007, 01:57 PM
it could be Crowley. they plant fingerlings in the fall/early winter.... and let them go native (so to speak), feast on the bugs and stuff, and let them grow... then they become those hogs that you are so accustomed to there.

That would be my guess also.

TM65

retired/lasd
12-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Lake Crowley is in Mono County and they already stocked it for the end of the season. It could be Diaz lake as thats the only lake that wouldn't be frozen. On my last trip 3 weeks ago I talked to the guys from the Hot Creek Hatchery and they were dumping all of their fish in the Lower Owens, they stocked twice in 3 days.

fisherkid47
12-13-2007, 07:50 PM
I would guess Crowley. Have an awesome time up there :D :D

IncredibleHuck
12-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Here is what I got from the DFG in an email regarding Big Fish Lake...........

Thank-you for your interest in our Fish Planting of Inland Desert waters.

There isn't a Big Fish Lake in Inyo County. Unfortunately, there was a data entry error which identified this water as being scheduled for planting by the Department of Fish and Game.

The error was identified and the Web page corrected.

As always, we appreciate feedback on our web site. I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you.

Sincerely,

Anne M. Baker
Staff Information Systems Analyst
CDFG Fisheries Branch - ITB