PDA

View Full Version : opening day

NetBoy
05-03-2007, 10:24 AM
went to intake ll on saturday,arrived about 5am,there was 5 of us in our group. fishing was none stop for about 3hrs, about 6am my cousin Jimmy landed a 5lb + alper & 15min after that I did the same,we were using lip ripperz worms (orange & fire cracker which is a discontinued color). I ended up landing 4 alpers which total 17 lbs. My big fish went 5lbs 12oz, we finished fishing about 10:30 & went to lunch @ Cardinal Village,we took pictures & weighed the fish. I met up with Marlone Meade who was calling in the report to the LA Times, he seemed very interested in the 17 lb stringer, I was disapointed to learn that it didn't make the LA Times on sunday. On sunday headed up to Crowley to catch ,in my opion some of the hardest fighting trout there is. Arrived about 6am, we ended up catching 20 trout between us 5 on a variety of lures lip ripperz, thomas bouyants, jigs, I TELL EVERYBODY YOU ONLY NEED ONE CROWLEY TROUT TO MAKE YOUR TRIP. We ended up fishing 5 days a couple of days on the Lower Owens & 1 day @ PVR, every body in our group caught a ton of fish. There is only one word for our trip "EPIC". PICTURES TO FOLLOW.

Cybertrout
05-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Sounds like you guys really tore it up! Good job Netboy! You sure are right about Crowley trout putting up the best fight in the Sierras. I hate fishing Crowley ( no trees, no rocks, no waterfalls, no anything, just a hole with water in it ) but, there is no denying that the fish in Lake Crowley do not take kindly to a hook in the mouth. Looking forward to the pics Netboy.............

Fear No Trout
05-03-2007, 12:47 PM
On sunday headed up to Crowley to catch ,in my opion some of the hardest fighting trout there is. I TELL EVERYBODY YOU ONLY NEED ONE CROWLEY TROUT TO MAKE YOUR TRIP.

I have to totally agree with the statement above. I was first introduced to Crowley at my first time trout opener in 1994 by a fishing nut named "John John".

Since then, I have made it my spring headquarters...and lets not forget about the Sacramento perch. That's why I have chosen that lake to guide out of exclusively.

Fear No Trout

Troutman65
05-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Good report. Looking forward to the pics.

Big Country
05-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Cory...I will be at Crowley from 5/15 through 5/18.

Hopefully we will meet up.

pole'npants
05-03-2007, 07:41 PM
for those of us whom dont know,me that is, what are lip ripperz

Joshua
05-03-2007, 07:52 PM
for those of us whom dont know,me that is, what are lip ripperz
they are a spin off from the power worm, . Some of the members here really like them. A 4 inch rubber worm, come in many colors. I believe they are also scented. I have several bags of them. Dont use them much

jakalope
05-03-2007, 10:04 PM
sounds good my trip is getting closer everyday :shock: I am very excited still dont really know where to start or how these eastern sierra lakes work but I am going to tube my butt off.

JIMMY JAM
05-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Cant wait to see those pics!