PDA

View Full Version : tubing question

fisherkid47
12-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Do any of you tubers that tube the mammoth area know what lakes are good for tubing. Also what is the age that your allowed to tube the lakes at?
I know fishing season is over, but I have just been dying to know. Thanks!!

feesh
12-10-2007, 07:48 PM
pretty much all of the lakes in mammoth lakes area are perfect for it. if you are more advanced then you should give june lake loop and convict a try. I'm pretty sure the age limit is 16.

feesh

EMarty
12-10-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm guessing by your question you are young. I don't know that there is any "age limit" for float tubing. I've seen some fairly young sons tubing along with their dad out on Grant. As for Mammoth, I don't tube that area often. I have done Covict and had many good days on that lake. I prefer the loop lakes, Grant by the inlet or Dam, silver, or Gull along the reeds. However, Crowley is king for tubing. You just need to be extra careful if the wind starts blowing.

fishfinder
12-11-2007, 07:36 AM
This place looks like fun

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/snowtuber.gif

IncredibleHuck
12-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Do any of you tubers that tube the mammoth area know what lakes are good for tubing. Also what is the age that your allowed to tube the lakes at?
I know fishing season is over, but I have just been dying to know. Thanks!!

In mammoth all of the lakes, Twin, George, Mamie, and Mary are all great lakes to float tube. My favorites are Twin and Mamie. You can even tube Horseshow lake if you're into a hike and want some wild Cutts. As far as an age for float tubing, I have never heard of an age limit, just with younger kids I would make sure to have them have a PFD. I see young kids all the the time fishing the lakes up there and down here with their Dad or big brother. If you have any other questions on any of the lakes and certain spots let me know.

Good luck and Tight Lines.....

fisherkid47
12-11-2007, 04:22 PM
ohh I guess there isn't then, but then do you have to be with someone over 16 or no?