PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a tube

everm
12-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Hello all,

I finally decided to get to it and found a Nevada Gold on ebay for $69. I also ended up buying a new Teton for my soon to be 8yr old from Walmart for $59. He's starting to really enjoy fishing and I think this experience will definatly reel him in. 8) All in all I think I came out ahead thanks to ebay. I'm unsure about the waders I got, they're the breathable kind with the boots built in. I hear both good and bad from reading all the posts but I'll just have to decide for myself. One last thing, I haven't bought fins yet, those of you that have waders with the boots built in, which kind to you suggest?

Well wish me good luck and I hope to see/meet some of you out there. I'll need some input as to a good spot to take my kid for the first time, but I think I'll need to get used to tubing a couple of times before I can take him along.

Tight lines...

everm

Ronira
12-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Welcome Everm, I'm not really a tuber, ( I have a pontoon ) but I fish with some guys that tube. Ha, that's like saying I'm not a real doctor but I play one on tv. Anyway I like to fish Lake Perris. They have an area called sail cove that would be an excellent place to teach your boy. You can drive to the water to setup and there is a lot of area that the motor boats are not allowed making it very safe and to top it off the bass fishing is pretty good. I don't know where you live but the lake is located off the 60 fwy near the city of (DUH) Perris in the Inland Empire. Good luck to you and your boy and Merry Christmas. Peace Ron

Z-TUNAKILLER
12-08-2007, 12:28 PM
hey now everm, Castaic Lagoon would be a GREAT place to take your son, easy launch from ramp or beach and
NO CRAZY BOATERS.

Z

FISH ON !

tacklejunkie
12-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Ha, that's like saying I'm not a real doctor but I play one on tv.
:rofl: That was hilarious!
or you coulda just said you're a chiropractor :lol:

Outcast Step-In fins. One size fits all (including boots and I myself use them over waders and booties)
Work for me. I Sinch the strap down and tuck it back under itself.
Works for anything besides bare feet.
http://www.outcastboats.com/outcastboat ... nacc.shtml (http://www.outcastboats.com/outcastboats/sportsmanacc.shtml)

ediboy
12-08-2007, 09:41 PM
those waders made for floating don't give you that much thrust.
personally i wanted diving fins so i can make my kicks thrust me plenty
all though if you do get dive fins its pretty hard on your legs seeing as you use so much force
but i got regular size 12 boot mold
i used to have the one with the adjustable strap in the back but it was too tight
aslong as the rubber holding it is really flexible you'll be fine
if its thick and not too expandable you'll have some problems

everm
12-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the input. I look forward to finally getting in the water. :D