PDA

View Full Version : Hard to Register a Boat w/Pink but no BOS?

pescado abajo
12-06-2007, 11:53 AM
I ended up coming up on a 12 ft alum boat and trailer. I have the current registration and pinks to both, but no bill of sale. Will it be difficult for me to get the registration transferred into my name?

Thanks for any info!!

vanillagurilla
12-06-2007, 04:26 PM
not a problem at all as long as he signed the release of intrest on the pink.

fishntoss
12-09-2007, 07:31 AM
I don't know if you belong to AAA, but they are really the way to go for something like that.. sometimes DMV gets picky..
Vanilla is right tho... the pinks are supposed to be okay.. If not... make up a bill of sale urself... I've done it with a car or two.

seance
12-21-2007, 03:45 PM
I do lien sales on boats, trailers, cars, trucks & motorcycles. If you are still having trouble with the reg then pm me. I can help you out.

fishntoss
12-31-2007, 01:55 AM
...................Did ya get your boat registered okay.. I just did one with no bill of sale just the pinks all signed. No problem. My understanding is that DMV really doesn't bother with em anymore as long as the pinks are all filled in correctly. Pretty much same info on them as a BOS

pescado abajo
01-28-2008, 07:59 PM
man i've been busy at work and haven't had a chance. i'm taking some time off this month so i plan on going down to AAA on monday to get it cleared up.

Daryl
01-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Bring your trailer with you. They will require a VIN check.