PDA

View Full Version : Need help ASAP! Leaving tomarrow.

DanKBecker
05-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Can you camp at intake 2, if so, how much? Is there any free camping near by?

Sierra_Smitty
05-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Yup, there is an excellent campground at Intake II. There is no free camping in the area. Have fun!

DanKBecker
05-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Yup, there is an excellent campground at Intake II. There is no free camping in the area. Have fun!

About how much is it? I wont be showing up untill about 9 or 10 at night (leaving after work), is it easy to find, and how will I pay that late? sorry, for all the questions, I have never been there but I heard the tubing was decent so I thought I would try it out friday.

INDOANGLER2
05-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Just a little passed intake to is Bishop Creek campground on the right side of the main road. It s a public campground and I believe the fees are $14 a night. At the campground entrance there is a big fat pole and you get an envelope fill in the info on the and drop your $ in.

Good luck

Sierra_Smitty
05-02-2007, 10:35 PM
About how much is it? I wont be showing up untill about 9 or 10 at night (leaving after work), is it easy to find, and how will I pay that late? sorry, for all the questions, I have never been there but I heard the tubing was decent so I thought I would try it out friday.

Most of the forest service campgrounds are between $11 and $16 per night...not bad considering. Tubing is great at Intake II.....peak season there are a lot of great tubing places in the canyon but right now, Intake II is probably your best shot. good luck!