PDA

View Full Version : Whats this noise?

fishfinder
05-02-2007, 10:35 AM
noise is comming from front of engine area. not valves. happens after a couple of hours of trolling. goes away at higher speeds, but comes back after trolling. been in the shop once for warranty work already. going back again this friday. follow link for noise.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=raiders1960

seahonk
05-03-2007, 01:36 AM
Well i watched your video and i cant tell what kind of sound that could be , but you said it was coming from the front of the motor , and i seen you have power steering , heres what i whould try if i had no warranty take off all the fan belts and run it BUT dont do this very long since you will have no water flow , and this will eliminate the water pump , alt , power steering pump , the only other thing in front of the motor that could make noise whould be the timeing gears or chain , But noise can travel from the rear of the motor like a loose flywheel ,bad gimble bearing , starter hanging up on fly wheel :roll: but let us know what it was just curious :wink:

fishfinder
05-03-2007, 05:03 AM
water pump has been replaced. and it has no power steering. i think that is for the power tilt. i was thinking timing chain. i will be bringing it to the shop tomorrow.
thanks....

fishfinder
05-03-2007, 07:14 PM
maybe i do have power steering.

fishfinder
05-03-2007, 07:16 PM
maybe i do have power steering.

fishfinder
05-04-2007, 10:55 PM
TURNED OUT THE FANBELT WAS LOose and whapping something hard enough to sound like a hammer hitting on a frying pan. i think it's fixed now. who=ever put the fanbelt on put the wrong size on.

seahonk
05-05-2007, 12:48 AM
WoW thats was easy lol :roll: