PDA

View Full Version : SLO tubing?

studlyfisherman
12-01-2007, 06:42 PM
so i have a float tube and i need to get out in it soon or ill cry. Anyway i was wondering what a good lake around here would be to tube? I know of Lopez, santa marg, naci, san antonio. But i was wondering if a tube would be benefitial on those monsters? Also wondering where a good swimbait lake to try is? any and all? thanks for the info

FishermanStu
12-03-2007, 01:06 AM
uhhhhh the lower chode. doooooooo itttttttttttt. it doesnt matter the replies people give you. you dont even fish so whats the difference

studlyfisherman
12-03-2007, 12:42 PM
First of all i have finals this week and have had a hard quarter so poo on you. Second of all im gona fish every week next quarter no matter what! I have fridays off so quiet down. Third of all im comin home this friday but wont be back until like 1 am. Fourth of all i want to go try out my new shizzle saturday morning if you can wake your big *** up. Im going out for sure somewhere even if it is yorba but im gona look for a semi recent trout stock. peace son

RBDJ
12-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Oso Flaco, there hitting hard!!!

studlyfisherman
12-03-2007, 08:31 PM
oso flaco looks like a winner. Bass i assume? what are they hitting and can u tube it or whats the deal?

nismotech91
12-18-2007, 08:56 PM
I used to fish oso flaco back in the day when I used to live in Guadalupe, about 25 min away from slo.. I used to nail some decent sized bass there in the early in the morning. I fish off the center of the pier walkway,the one that goes across the lake. I also used to throw a texas rigged grub near the end of the pier around all the submerged tree's. It also holds a grip of bluegill and carp.
There used to be alot of moutain lions that roamed around there in the morning near the dunes trail. They would always run away as soon as they saw you. I knew this guy who used to fish there with his kayak and another one of my friends used to fish in an inflatable kinda raft looking boat.
My Best bass was a 5lber that inhaled a spinnerbait. I havent been there in 2 years and I dont know how the water level is. Alot of people hate this place but I love it.

BakoBassin
12-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Lopez has the bigger fish, but is generally stingy.

Naci, you'll catch mostly spots and they're not very big for the most part. Probably your best bet this time of year though. If tubing; Get in at the launch and go around the corner there below the condos. Straight across from the marina is good as well. There in that cove with the out house and the adjacent points and rock walls. You can also head towards the dam.

San Antonio is a good SM and LM lake, but will probably be tough right now. People I know said everyone was getting shad and catching stripers around Thanksgiving.

Santa Margarita will probably be tough right now as well. I do know folks pull some decent LM outa there with the swimmies. Tubing is restricted to certain areas here.

RBDJ
12-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Point Sal if you can make the hike. Some of the best rock fishing in the world