PDA

View Full Version : 2 More Fishing Trips 11/27-28 w/pics

JapanRon
11-30-2007, 12:10 AM
As always ..... there's something missed or overlooked. This week it is the caption on the Southern Cal .... It ain't a Fire Boat !!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/FROM1229/FROM0422/FROM0926/1128LTP1.jpghttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/FROM1229/FROM0422/FROM0926/1128RTP1.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/FROM1229/FROM0422/FROM0926/1128LTP2.jpghttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/FROM1229/FROM0422/FROM0926/1128RTP2.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/FROM1229/FROM0422/FROM0926/1128LTP3.jpghttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/FROM1229/FROM0422/FROM0926/1128RTP3.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/FROM1229/FROM0422/FROM0926/1128LTP4.jpghttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/FROM1229/FROM0422/FROM0926/1128RTP4.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/FROM1229/FROM0422/FROM0926/1128RTP5.jpghttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/FROM1229/FROM0422/FROM0926/1128LTP5.jpg

Fisher-of-Men
11-30-2007, 04:49 AM
Another great report! :thumb:

Fisher-of-Men

ghetto dad
11-30-2007, 08:20 AM
thanks for the report ron, and the props bro....i hope everyone that ate enjoyed my cooking!!! one of your guys said that that was the best sandwhich he has ever ate!! woo hoo....i didnt catch much that day....few shorts....it was GREAT seeing you again buddy.....thanks again for the excellent reports.....

Greg Madrigal
11-30-2007, 09:08 AM
Crazy great report there Ron. Nice job putting then boys on the fish.

Peace.

GM

JapanRon
11-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi ghetto dad,

It was a pleasure to share a rail with 'ghetto dad' on the boat. Not to mention one_leg !! Sorry that you got roped into galley duties ..... That's what you get for 'being able to' ... and actually run a landing office operation, deck on the sporties, and run the galley....... to your usual high standards!!

I didn't eat or bother you with the galley business as you had precious little time to fish anyway !! Guys couldn't stop talking about the food .... and service !!

I understand why you didn't catch that many fish ....... eveyone, not knowing you were also a paying cutomer, was asking you for this and that often which kinda wipes out concentration and left you with a lot less actual fishing time. Every time we moved, somebody wanted something !! You know I gotta tell it like it is!! ha ha ha

I look forward to fishing with you (actually any time) in the Spring/Summer where you really shine on the bow and that jig stick of yours. Class will be in session !!

Thanks again for making the trip .......... and being, to a substantial degree, what made the trip really go well for K of C and all other anglers. Taking nothing away from Mike's usual extra effort to put us on fish!

Looks like one_leg (Alan) OUTFISHED us both ..... look forward to a re-match !! Oh ... wait a minute ..... weren't you guys cheating?? ha ha ha

Gotta fish with you guys and the FNNers sometime,

JapanRon

JapanRon
11-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi Fisher-of-Men,

Thank you as always. It was a blast having Steve (ghetto dad) and Alan (one_leg) as well as GLENN on the boat Wednesday.

Looks like I'm gonna have to try to make it to one of the FNN boyz fishing trips that ghetto dad and others work to organize.

JapanRon

JapanRon
11-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Hi Greg Madrigal,

Thank you and conversely ..... I've enjoyed the reports and contributions you make here on the saltwater boards.

JapanRon

ghetto dad
11-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Hi ghetto dad,

It was a pleasure to share a rail with 'ghetto dad' on the boat. Not to mention one_leg !! Sorry that you got roped into galley duties ..... That's what you get for 'being able to' ... and actually run a landing office operation, deck on the sporties, and run the galley....... to your usual high standards!!

I didn't eat or bother you with the galley business as you had precious little time to fish anyway !! Guys couldn't stop talking about the food .... and service !!

I understand why you didn't catch that many fish ....... eveyone, not knowing you were also a paying cutomer, was asking you for this and that often which kinda wipes out concentration and left you with a lot less actual fishing time. Every time we moved, somebody wanted something !! You know I gotta tell it like it is!! ha ha ha

I look forward to fishing with you (actually any time) in the Spring/Summer where you really shine on the bow and that jig stick of yours. Class will be in session !!

Thanks again for making the trip .......... and being, to a substantial degree, what made the trip really go well for K of C and all other anglers. Taking nothing away from Mike's usual extra effort to put us on fish!

Looks like one_leg (Alan) OUTFISHED us both ..... look forward to a re-match !! Oh ... wait a minute ..... weren't you guys cheating?? ha ha ha

Gotta fish with you guys and the FNNers sometime,

JapanRon

thanks for the kind words ron.....towards the middle of the day, i was gettin a lil grumpy....i was hoping that didnt show to much to your guys.....see you soon, hopefully.....i am back to work today at my prop management job, so it looks like back to weekend fishing for me....ill try to get a weekday in so i can fish with you guys again....

one_leg
11-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Ron, it was great fishing with you and your K of C buddies. I just wish I could remember all their names!
Nick, a couple Pete's, a Ron maybe. And a whole bunch of other cool people.
Ron, I was glad that I was able to keep my promise to come fish with you this year.
We'll fish together again before too long.

BTW, I was very impressed with your selfless act of insisting that Mike return the young BSB to the water as quickly as possible, thus eliminating the chance of getting a pic of you with your grouper. 8)

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w270/one_leg_photos/IMAG0082.jpg
Ghetto Dad made some great food for us that day. I heard nothing but compliments. Thanks Steve!!!

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w270/one_leg_photos/IMAG0084.jpg
He looks a lil grumpy because he broke my yokes. I like em that way GD. P.S. Bring Pam next time. LMAO

Hard to believe that I actually caught way more fish then he did. I guess he's a great teacher after all.

It was cool seeing the Yellowtails working over the baitfish as well as the birds.
Yes, there was a school of YT between Long Beach and Catalina.
They dropped out of sight just before we could get close enough to em.
Funny thing was, we had just been talking about the chances of seeing them on the shoe.
Steve, you should always carry at least one iron....LMAO
The one trip out of six he decides to leave em at home so he wouldn't have to carry the extra weight.
Steve, should I always carry at least one iron?....LMAO

Too bad the shrimp I brought along weren't the right kind, for ghetto dad at least.
Steve, thanks for driving me to the landing, carrying my gear, tying my rig, the first one at least, cooking my meals, cheering me on each and every time I caught another fish, and not leaving me at the dock after I outfished you.

Thanks Mike, Carl, and of course, Ghetto_Cook.
Carl, if you're reading this, I owe you one buddy. Ten actually. :oops:

One more day to get your Ling!!!!

One_Leg

Granny Fish
11-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Nice report as usual Ron. Ghetto Dad was cooking for everyone? :secret:

ghetto dad
11-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Nice report as usual Ron. Ghetto Dad was cooking for everyone? :secret:
yes granny....im more than just a hot sexy model...i also cook!!! lol.....one day, youll make a trip with us....alan said you were above fishing on sportboats though...lol.....take it easy

Granny Fish
11-30-2007, 10:22 AM
[quote="Granny Fish":eee44]Nice report as usual Ron. Ghetto Dad was cooking for everyone? :secret:
yes granny....im more than just a hot sexy model...i also cook!!! lol.....one day, youll make a trip with us....alan said you were above fishing on sportboats though...lol.....take it easy[/quote:eee44]

I'm more the private sports boat type. :wink: I don't like fighting for my fishing spot. :lol: I have actually thought about about joining you all one day. Mike works Saturdays and it is hard to get him out on the water in the winter. He keeps reminding me that one day I'll be old and have arthritis like him. Point taken :| Anyways, I "might" make it out one day before the summer crowds. :secret:

ghetto dad
11-30-2007, 10:25 AM
[quote="ghetto dad":4eabd][quote="Granny Fish":4eabd]Nice report as usual Ron. Ghetto Dad was cooking for everyone? :secret:
yes granny....im more than just a hot sexy model...i also cook!!! lol.....one day, youll make a trip with us....alan said you were above fishing on sportboats though...lol.....take it easy[/quote:4eabd]

I'm more the private sports boat type. :wink: I don't like fighting for my fishing spot. :lol: I have actually thought about about joining you all one day. Mike works Saturdays and it is hard to get him out on the water in the winter. He keeps reminding me that one day I'll be old and have arthritis like him. Point taken :| Anyways, I "might" make it out one day before the summer crowds. :secret:[/quote:4eabd]
thats the thing granny...this time of year, the boats usually dont have big crowds....i am doing 1 if not 2 more trips this year....straight rockfishing...not on the spit though...a little further up north......we are getting on a charter on the coroloma on the 29th of dec.....kind of a large load though...35.....probably be crowded, but its ok...out with the boyz...

one_leg
11-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Dang, I actually caught 1/6th of all the sheepheads caught that day!!!!

Seeing those hovercraft was pretty cool too. I haven't seen them that far from shore before.
I was glad the wind speeds actually remained relatively low all day, despite what the forecast called for.

One_Leg

JapanRon
11-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi Granny Fish,

Thank you ....... a bunch of 'OUR' own boyz made the trip what it was ..... for me at least.

I'm making part of this an aside for next week's report:
You know I am a hopless affictionado of moo-moos but I must second ghetto days comment that the loads are wayyyyyy low now. Wednesday is one of the heaviest loads for the Victory ... as my club alone brings 10 or 11 guys on the boat every week. Otherwise ..... loads have hovered around 10 anglers on a 65 ft boat !! Check out the archives for reference. Get to the landing an hour and change before departure time (leaves 7am) and you've got your pick of spots on the stern.

Take ghetto dad's sage advice and ..............Please collect a couple of regulars and take a trip ...... 3/4-day trip. You may just be pleasently surprised at the experience here in the local Fall/Winter season.

Unlike the Summer ..... 80% of the anglers that go out on weekdays for SWRF are hardcore with tourists and occasional anglers making up the other 20%. This means that you're not going to be bothered by the fish-hog, me-only, dogs-in-the-hood, dregs of society that sometimes infest boats up and down the coast during the peak Sandbass season's week-ends!

When you think about it ..... the time you spend doing everything needed before and after a trip on a private boat and the expense incured far outweighs that of a moo-moo. Points for all to consider with distances pretty much equal and it being a moderate weekday:

Moo-moo with 5 buddies***************************Private 23ft Boat with 4 guys
5am- 1 hour commute to landing******************1-1/4 hour~1/2 commute to ramp
Vehicle fuel*******************************************Veh icle and boat fuel
6am- Arrival 1 hour early for good spot***********6~6:30am arrival at ramp
Possible parking fee but often FREE***************Ramp entrance fee
7am- Departure***************************************7a m- Loading and Wait
4pm- Return*******************************************4 pm
Step off the boat*************************************Entire loading routine 4:30~45pm
5pm- 1 hour commute and home********************4:45 6:15pm commute home
5:30 Gear stowed and fish in the pan.*************8pm Boat washed and fish cleaned ?

PBer's PROs
I understand that travel on the water is quicker, baiting at the receiver is faster, option to get bait is also on the PBers side, time on the water is often shorter while actual fishing time may be similar, stealth enhances the catching, Fewer fish on a spot still produces satisfactory results, lastly and most important to some ... FREEDOM to go whee one wants.

Moo-moo's PROs
Safety and Reliability of boat at any time, Stowage Capacity- more gear, more tackle, Comfort- out of the weather and no pounding from waves and weather, Longer Time Fishing- larger boats can function in weather small boats would have to retire!, Hot Food and choice of ahem ...beverages, Unlimited Number and absence of politics in choosing fishing buddies, Overall greater knowledge of fishing spots and positioning, Better Bait handling PERIOD and sometimes better bait, Anglers can fish the way (method) they want ... within reason. Much cheaper trip on a trip-by-trip basis !!

With all this hot air .... I had to turn the floor furnace down a tad !!

Later,

JapanRon

ghetto dad
11-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi Granny Fish,

Thank you ....... a bunch of 'OUR' own boyz made the trip what it was ..... for me at least.

I'm making part of this an aside for next week's report:
You know I am a hopless affictionado of moo-moos but I must second ghetto days comment that the loads are wayyyyyy low now. Wednesday is one of the heaviest loads for the Victory ... as my club alone brings 10 or 11 guys on the boat every week. Otherwise ..... loads have hovered around 10 anglers on a 65 ft boat !! Check out the archives for reference. Get to the landing an hour and change before departure time (leaves 7am) and you've got your pick of spots on the stern.

Take ghetto dad's sage advice and ..............Please collect a couple of regulars and take a trip ...... 3/4-day trip. You may just be pleasently surprised at the experience here in the local Fall/Winter season.

Unlike the Summer ..... 80% of the anglers that go out on weekdays for SWRF are hardcore with tourists and occasional anglers making up the other 20%. This means that you're not going to be bothered by the fish-hog, me-only, dogs-in-the-hood, dregs of society that sometimes infest boats up and down the coast during the peak Sandbass season's week-ends!

When you think about it ..... the time you spend doing everything needed before and after a trip on a private boat and the expense incured far outweighs that of a moo-moo. Points for all to consider with distances pretty much equal and it being a moderate weekday:

Moo-moo with 5 buddies***************************Private 23ft Boat with 4 guys
5am- 1 hour commute to landing******************1-1/4 hour~1/2 commute to ramp
Vehicle fuel*******************************************Veh icle and boat fuel
6am- Arrival 1 hour early for good spot***********6~6:30am arrival at ramp
Possible parking fee but often FREE***************Ramp entrance fee
7am- Departure***************************************7a m- Loading and Wait
4pm- Return*******************************************4 pm
Step off the boat*************************************Entire loading routine 4:30~45pm
5pm- 1 hour commute and home********************4:45 6:15pm commute home
5:30 Gear stowed and fish in the pan.*************8pm Boat washed and fish cleaned ?

PBer's PROs
I understand that travel on the water is quicker, baiting at the receiver is faster, option to get bait is also on the PBers side, time on the water is often shorter while actual fishing time may be similar, stealth enhances the catching, Fewer fish on a spot still produces satisfactory results, lastly and most important to some ... FREEDOM to go whee one wants.

Moo-moo's PROs
Safety and Reliability of boat at any time, Stowage Capacity- more gear, more tackle, Comfort- out of the weather and no pounding from waves and weather, Longer Time Fishing- larger boats can function in weather small boats would have to retire!, Hot Food and choice of ahem ...beverages, Unlimited Number and absence of politics in choosing fishing buddies, Overall greater knowledge of fishing spots and positioning, Better Bait handling PERIOD and sometimes better bait, Anglers can fish the way (method) they want ... within reason. Much cheaper trip on a trip-by-trip basis !!

With all this hot air .... I had to turn the floor furnace down a tad !!

Later,

JapanRon

wow ron....excellent points man!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

JapanRon
11-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi one_leg,

It was great to fish with you and I'm so glad you got a chance to experience the boat with our K of C group and while we still had a shot at lings. Mike really did pretty well on the Lingcod this season.

Mike had some praise for you on your angling ..... er ..... catching ........ and stick-with-it when I spoke with him at the end of the day. Yeah .... I don't usually wimp-out until the anchor is being pulled but, I wanted to take 15 minutes to get the recent dope on this and that from Mike when he wasn't busy navigatin' !!

As far as I'm concerned .....You can outfish me anytime and indeed look forward to our next excursion. I can see now that although fishing plastics may be a bit difficult presently with the type of fishing, when the season and target fish changes next year, throwing plastics may be far easier for you than the bait fishing .................... time will tell !!

later,

PS Just because I make my reports doesn't mean a full report by those of us fishing together wouldn't be cool to read too !!

JapanRon

one_leg
11-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi one_leg,

It was great to fish with you and I'm so glad you got a chance to experience the boat with our K of C group and while we still had a shot at lings. Mike really did pretty well on the Lingcod this season.

Mike had some praise for you on your angling ..... er ..... catching ........ and stick-with-it when I spoke with him at the end of the day. Yeah .... I don't usually wimp-out until the anchor is being pulled but, I wanted to take 15 minutes to get the recent dope on this and that from Mike when he wasn't busy navigatin' !!

As far as I'm concerned .....You can outfish me anytime and indeed look forward to our next excursion. I can see now that although fishing plastics may be a bit difficult presently with the type of fishing, when the season and target fish changes next year, throwing plastics may be far easier for you than the bait fishing .................... time will tell !!

later,

PS Just because I make my reports doesn't mean a full report by those of us fishing together wouldn't be cool to read too !!

JapanRon

Ron, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I really appreciate your confidence in my potential.

You're right about the plastics, Ron. It will be much easier for me not having to deal with the bait. I did toss a 1.5 oz. Glow-in-the-Dark leadhead with a Green w/silver flake Big Blam, but I definitely need more training in their utilization before they will be affective for me. I also put a small strip of squid on there for a while, but the fishy's weren't having any of it.

One_Leg

ghetto dad
11-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Hi one_leg,

later,

JapanRon

Ron, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I really appreciate your confidence in my potential.

You're right about the plastics, Ron. It will be much easier for me not having to deal with the bait. I did toss a 1.5 oz. Glow-in-the-Dark leadhead with a Green w/silver flake Big Blam, but I definitely need more training in their utilization before they will be affective for me. I also put a small strip of squid on there for a while, but the fishy's weren't having any of it.

One_Leg

ok trout_leg......

Fisher-of-Men
11-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Hi Fisher-of-Men,

Thank you as always. It was a blast having Steve (ghetto dad) and Alan (one_leg) as well as GLENN on the boat Wednesday.

Looks like I'm gonna have to try to make it to one of the FNN boyz fishing trips that ghetto dad and others work to organize.

JapanRon

What are the rates for your charter service?

Thanks!

Fisher-of-Men

ghetto dad
11-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi Fisher-of-Men,

JapanRon

What are the rates for your charter service?

Thanks!

Fisher-of-Men

no ron, i organize them.....

Granny Fish
11-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the tips Ron. All good points regarding PB and Moo-moos. :wink: