PDA

View Full Version : Late Cat Island WSB Report

fishnfool
05-02-2007, 01:03 AM
Finally able to log on again....My wireless router was blocking the site for some reason.......Anyway

Headed over to the Backside of Cat. at 5:00 PM Friday night with the Wife (Denise),Daughter (Kendra) and her boyfriend (Curtis)......Smooth trip going over and once we got there hailed the squid boat and got some squirters.....Went to our spot, Set anchor and started soaking some Squid

Had some good marks on the finder and 60.5 degree water but no love Friday,finally crashed out at 11:00 to get ready for the hopefull Morning Bite....

I Cat napped for a few hrs. and was wide awake at 4:00am and tossed out first cast Bendo :lol: Bring it up to the side of the boat and reach for the Gaff but its nowhere around im yelling for someone to get up and bring me the gaff thats hanging on the wall in the bathroom...Nothing...and he ends up spitting the hook. :evil:

With the Gaff by my side I toss out again and get bent again instantly and bring this one to Gaff... :D I drop him on deck and let him flop around to wake everyone up...... :lol:

within 1/2 hr. everyone was up fishing and Denise was on then Curtis..She brought hers to Gaff and on the boat while Curtis Farmed his in the Kelp.....I got hooked up again and handed off to kendra and she brought it to the boat......about 10 minutes later Curtis has one in the boat and we have our limit by 6:30am...None were the Larger models but Still lots of Fun.......we forgot the camera so took this crappy cell phone pic

Get out there guys the water is warming and Real good right now....use at least 30lb test mono because the 1st run they head for the kelp......some use braid to cut through the kelp....Found out later that a 40lb. and 57lb. were caught after we left, oh well...Story of my life.. :lol:

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/seabass1.jpg

boxl0bster
05-02-2007, 04:17 AM
nice report! man you must have been going crazy trying to wake them up LOL.

sansou
05-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Very impressive!!!

Bummer on the first WSB, but sometimes you just gotta keep the gaff right next to the toilet paper in the bathroom.... Ha Ha ha!!

fishnfool
05-02-2007, 09:44 AM
but sometimes you just gotta keep the gaff right next to the toilet paper in the bathroom

Yea I know huh...Never know when you need the gaff in there for that Lunker.. :shock:

05-02-2007, 02:39 PM
WTG....Glad to see that you got some Ghost...I was at Clemente and picked up a few yellows on the iron.... :lol:

Steve

EricU
05-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Great to see the WSB are showing up.

Thank you for the report and pic - hopefully more and larger ones to follow, WSB that is.

Yeah, gaffs are over rated, just jump in and bite 'em.

fishnfool
05-02-2007, 11:00 PM
WTG....Glad to see that you got some Ghost...I was at Clemente and picked up a few yellows on the iron.... :lol:

Steve

Thanks Steve.....way to go on the yellows.....I heard its a Iron only Bite

I have a feeling its gonna be real interesting come july around here...Hope im Right.......... :lol:

fishnfool
05-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Great to see the WSB are showing up.

Thank you for the report and pic - hopefully more and larger ones to follow, WSB that is.

Yeah, gaffs are over rated, just jump in and bite 'em.

They have been there for awhile the last storm kinda killed it but its turning around again.....well it was till today 5-2-07 water cooled again and seas were up...heard it from Jeff on the Old #7

Biggest I have Heard went 60 so far and that was weeks ago...few 40's and 50's most are 15-25

What the reports don't show is that a lot of fish are Farmed.

ahhvtec
05-04-2007, 07:50 AM
Oh man nice stuff!!!!!

JapanRon
05-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Hi fishnfool,

Good to hear of your wild adventure. I know you fish hard and deserve the memorable day!!

JapanRon

fishnfool
05-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks Guys.....

Was Nice to be in the right spot at the right time for a change.... :D