PDA

View Full Version : bad charter business..local landing

4g63power
05-01-2007, 11:08 PM
here is the deal...we charted rocky point out of redondo to fish this saturday may 5..we booked this 3 months ago..everything paid in full..my buddy who is the charter master has been contacting the landing to see how things are going and they say everything is cool..and he gets a call from the landing this morning and they tell him that the boat wouldnt be ready this weekend..so no go..refund or reschedule..i mean come on..they had 3 freakin months to get this ready and they even said they were good to go when we called last week..and with just 4 more days left...they wouldnt be ready??i don't care what their reason is..they had more than enough time..they should have known this..very unprofessional..this was going to be our very first private charter we planned..ended up turning very dissapointing....well just wanted to share this bad experience with memebers here..may be this can help some of you out there planning a charter..hope our next one works out for us..

halo16
05-02-2007, 12:08 AM
4g63power,

First off sorry about your trip, the time you spent in planning and all of your buddys to be avaible the same day and the landing cancels on you, that sucks! What excuse does a landing have for a boat not being ready, you gave them plenty of time. Bummer! :x

It reminds me of not being called on a open party recently out of berth 55 that i usualy go to as my first choice and usualy like the service. the boat was canceled due to not being able to get out of the harbor, although they apologized and said they tried to call and must of had my number wrong. i was still a bit pissed but hope and feel it was just a mistake. I still kinda feel they should of offered me a discount on a trip, or something.

Anyways sorry about the bad service.

Well i hope you and your party gets out soon and have a great time on another boat.

did they even offer any special deal for you and your freinds for a future trip?

sansou
05-02-2007, 12:27 AM
4g63power,

Ouch!

That's a prime example of piss poor customer service/relations...

Unfortunately, I guarantee we are going to see more and more of these types of reports as tuna season nears and everyone is trying to cram onto boats.

I hope the landing tries to "make it right" with you guys...

fishnfool
05-02-2007, 02:24 AM
Sorry about the cancelation....

but as a boat owner you never know when something mechanical is going to happen,if this is the case,Those boats are out alot and you just never know when something is going to Fail..sometimes it takes time to get the right parts...if they need a prop it could take weeks.... Did they explain Why.....

I would rather they cancel the trip than hide a problem with the boat and Jerry rig a quick fix to get out and have trouble and ruin the trip.....

Keep an eye on the reports..... if you see them go out when you scheduled then I would be pissed too.......

let us know.....

fishnfool
05-02-2007, 02:47 AM
I looked and it hasn't gone out in awhile....probably in drydock and out of their hands....I just had my boat in the shop and they said I would have it back in a week....3 1/2 weeks later I got it back......and mines only 22 ft.

I am sure they were told that they would have it back in time for your trip and just got the bad news.......

I have never heard anything bad about that boat although I have never been on it

CAPT'N
05-02-2007, 05:33 AM
I personally have had very good service from that landing. Probubly out of their hands.

Still sucks..................

Capt'n

4g63power
05-02-2007, 04:01 PM
they didnt really explain why..just said THE BOAT WOULDNT BE READY...no special deal was offered..just refund or reschedule..

jbacsaf
05-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Have you tried calling other landings to see if they can take you? Maybe somebody canceled somewhere and it works out for you.

Troutman65
05-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Sorry to hear that you got the bad news about your planned trip. I would take the refund and try somwhere else. My 2 cents worth

JapanRon
05-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi 4g63power,

Bummer ....... I'm assuming you've got ALL your money back. Then it will be the end of this story!!

I concur with fishnfool and other's owning boats ..... those things take a royal beating just operating under normal conditions and in standard parameters. How many times have we had a boat run ok hot ...... and the next day totally crap out and not even start! The domino effect was first discovered by boat owners!! :shock: :lol: :wink:

If you're willing to ride the boat ...... you might be able to get them to take you on a charter later in the year duirng the hot fishing season. You should get them to keep the same price as it is now. As you know .... later in the year charter rates will go up and that could be what they could do to 'make up' for the initial shafting! Get it in writing if you can or at least a word with the owner ..... not just the skipper if he's not the owner.

Good luck, That is a cute little boat! Seen it at the West End a number of times!

There is no more a thankless job than that of a Chartermaster!!!!

JapanRon