PDA

View Full Version : PVR 11/27-11/28

tpfishnfool
11-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Decided to make the drive up the 395 for a "get out of dodge" Trip and to try out my new Bike Rod Holder that Pontoon helped me with via
photos that he sent me. (Thanks man, I owe ya a beer or two!) . Got to pvr around 845am on tues and had my line wet by 9am thanks to the
bike. Man that is the only way to go when fishing pvr, saves at least 30-40 mins each way. Fishing was wfo from 9 until around 1pm. Mostly all
dinks up to about a pound or so but lots of fun. No browns though.. Was hoping to get into a brown or two, but I think its to early for them
and the water is still quite warm in the res. Still alot of moss and dying off weeds. Lastly I headed home and took a detor to lake Isabella to
find it very low and slow.. Here are pics. Oh yea I found HOMO rock and found where Cuda fishes to..[attachment=7:ddaa2]bow.jpg[/attachment:ddaa2][attachment=5:ddaa2]cudas been here.jpg[/attachment:ddaa2][attachment=4:ddaa2]homo rock.jpg[/attachment:ddaa2][attachment=3:ddaa2]james edward almos.jpg[/attachment:ddaa2][attachment=2:ddaa2]rod holder.jpg[/attachment:ddaa2][attachment=1:ddaa2]isabella1.jpg[/attachment:ddaa2][attachment=0:ddaa2]isabella2.jpg[/attachment:ddaa2]

fullstringer
11-29-2007, 12:26 PM
WTG on the fish :D I'm waiting for them browns to start hitting then I'll sneak away for the day :banana: At what temp do they start to become active.

Troutman65
11-29-2007, 10:30 PM
So you use you bike to get to the fishing spots. How 8) is that? Nice going on the bike rod holders. Looks like the worked out fine.

Congrats on your catch. Thanks for the report and pics.

Troutman65

Fisher-of-Men
11-30-2007, 05:18 AM
Nice little rig you got there! :wink:
All you need now is a spot for the icechest.

Fisher-of-Men

tpfishnfool
11-30-2007, 07:05 AM
Nice little rig you got there! :wink:
All you need now is a spot for the icechest.

Fisher-of-Men

Thats next, Looking at sports chalet for a rack that can ho :food: ld the weight of at least a 30 pack?? !!!!
:food:

one_leg
11-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Way to go on the trout!!

O_L

fleaflicker
11-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Nice trip. Looks like fun.

Gotta say though, that seeing the trash that people leave lying around really takes away from the Sierra experience. :(

Hump it in and hump it back out. Not saying it was you, but it sucks to see how people trash nice places and ruin it for the rest. :soapbox:

tpfishnfool
11-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Nice trip. Looks like fun.

Gotta say though, that seeing the trash that people leave lying around really takes away from the Sierra experience. :(

Hump it in and hump it back out. Not saying it was you, but it sucks to see how people trash nice places and ruin it for the rest. :soapbox:

Yea, Its all the flat landers that dont give a damb. I always bring trash bags with me, notice on the handle bars, and I carry out as much as i can.
Its getting worse not better. :x

fleaflicker
11-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Yea, Its all the flat landers that dont give a damb. I always bring trash bags with me, notice on the handle bars, and I carry out as much as i can.
Its getting worse not better. :x[/quote]

Very cool that you make the extra effort. KUDOS

fullstringer
11-30-2007, 09:36 PM
I just don't get it :evil: You bring it in you take it out,I remember the day that I stopped littering back in the early 70's. Flashback (GIVE A HOOT DON'T POLLUTE)I just hated to see trash at some of my local fishing spots so here I was picking up trash and lo and behold I find a arrowhead under a beer bottle I wore that for many years and it gave me good luck,i put it away in and old tackle box that I later gave to my dad he passed on a couple of years ago and I can't find the box he might have given it away to grandkids but anyway how hard is it to walk on over and throw it away :soapbox: My teaching to my kids (mind over matter) it's just simple logic in everything you do.I keep this up and I better head on over to another board.

Fullstringer is out

WJC71
12-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Great report
Looks like a great time
Good luck next time on those browns

END

Bison
12-01-2007, 07:14 PM
if you want browns at PVR? fish for em, browns are preditors like bass are, so fish for browns like you are smallmouth bass fishin. Swimbaits 4 to 6 inch and crawfish patterns and really anything in your bass tackle box. browns will ambush prey so fish ledges and cuts also fish at night

Sparky70
12-01-2007, 07:21 PM
HUH? You rode that Bike (the pedal kind) from Palmdale to PVR, tell me I am crazy to believe that 1. :bang: :bang: :bang:
Way back WHEN, just riding bike from Palmdale to Lancaster was a rough day.

tpfishnfool
12-02-2007, 07:47 AM
HUH? You rode that Bike (the pedal kind) from Palmdale to PVR, tell me I am crazy to believe that 1. :bang: :bang: :bang:
Way back WHEN, just riding bike from Palmdale to Lancaster was a rough day.

Na man, just the two miles from the lot at the power house at the mouth at pvr. Saves about an hour fishing time too and fro.

Beeracuda211
12-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Thanks for picking up my cans TP... Was wondering where they were... lol Nice Report... :thumb:

B/C

BIGRED KILLA
12-07-2007, 06:15 PM
nice trout pics i like your pole holders smart idea. :mrgreen:

big red

Sparky70
12-08-2007, 03:21 PM
WoW!,
Waz just wondering if U were a kook or not riding a bike to PVR from Palmdale. Ya got a good idea for rod-holders for ur bike.......Like the other guy says, put an ice chest on it next trip out. :banana: :banana: :banana:

tpfishnfool
12-09-2007, 08:34 AM
WoW!,
Waz just wondering if U were a kook or not riding a bike to PVR from Palmdale. Ya got a good idea for rod-holders for ur bike.......Like the other guy says, put an ice chest on it next trip out. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Its done Pics coming. May have to fill that cooler with hot toddys though. Fn cold up there now!

Sparky70
12-09-2007, 04:14 PM
OMG! :bang: :bang: :bang,
Toddys better this time of year.

steve092
12-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Nice job!