PDA

View Full Version : sat and sun Newport

labboss2003
05-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Fished out of Newport sat decided to go to Catilina the weather was perfect .Fished from Avalon to just about twin harbor with nothing to show but blue pearch and short sheepshead . came back to Newport around 3 fished some of the spots we have been doing good at ended up with 10 nice sandies and 8 nice calicos .

Sunday kept it local fishing south of newport limited out on sandies and calicos before 10 am decided to troll around in the bay if anything to check out some of the local yellow tail floating around in the bay . started catching short barries around the pch bridge on chartruse rapalas . Was on the back side of Lido when the left side rod started sceaming man o man i had visions of a huge hali after about 45 min of fighting this thing on 10lbs test finally seen color and as you would expect looking back at me was something Batman might ride around in the bay on.It sure was fun though had all kinds of boat watching .That bat was about 30 to 40 lbs well maybe 20-30lbs you know how they seem to get bigger as time passes.....................Bob

JapanRon
05-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Hi labboss203,

Just why do the Batrays like to act like yellows when they fight? How many times have I been disappointed!!

thanks for the report,

JapanRon