PDA

View Full Version : Fall Fishing Indiana Style

Ghost
11-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Day after Thanksgiving & there is snow on the ground. It was on & off snowing & sleeting (never knew what that was till we moved here from So Calif) when I went out fishing. Yes, that's snow on the ground, it was nasty weather.

Schools of shad all over the place, saw a few bass jumping out of the water chasing the shad, so I brought out the Bagley shad lure. Ran inside the shad & a bass was inside waiting for an easy meal....& here comes my lure....WHAM! Not the biggest, but w/ the way the weather was, I'll take anything that bites my lures. Last week though the bass were in the 3-4 lb range & the weather was in the high 40's.

Switched to a Bagley rattle trap style lure & slow reeled in. Halfway through & I feel tension....FISH ON! This is one great looking lure & fooled the bass too!

Third bass was on a Storm Kickin' Shad. This lure swims just like a shad & I caught 5 bass...how cool is that!!!????

I ended up w/ 8 bass so it's been a pretty fun fall so far. Winter is right around the corner & it'll drop down to the teens & below. Folks around here ice fish....why????

Ghost
11-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Here's the pic of the Storm Kickin' Shad...cool!

Troutman65
11-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Nice going on the SMB !!!

Sure looks cold there.

Thanks for sharing on FNN

Troutman65

maya373ufetnsa
11-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Nice going
its the Bagley Baitfish I just ordered two thanks to you :lol:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0044156122045a&type=product&cmCat=Search_Results_NYR&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=bagley+baitfish&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=bagley+baitfish&noImage=0

olfishergal
11-29-2007, 10:19 PM
good job on the abundent Indiana bass........where are you in Ind, I used to be in Monticello and loved ice fishing in the winter...its fun and you catch some really nice fishies out on the Lakes.....However, I don't miss the ice, cold and snow one bit........Happy Holidays........OFG

Ghost
12-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Maya, you will like the Bagley Baitfish, great action & colors. I am looking to getting some of the 1/4 oz models.

OFG, I am in Osceola, IN. Not sure where Monticello is, I reckon it's down South or SE from where I am. South Bend is 25 min away & the Michigan border is like 15 min away.

I am wanting to be back in So Calif right about NOW! Snow is started falling as I write this & it friggin COLD! Already this week some of the smaller ponds have ice on top of them. The fishing is now starting to SUCK!

Oh well, just gotta barrel down till March & then summer....Merry Christmas to you!

olfishergal
12-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Monticello is about 25 miles from Loganport or a little west from Lafayette..........Lakes Shafer/Freeman (Indiana Beach) and the Tippiecanoe River........I remember that darn snow......you can have it......hated digging out my car to go to work lol.......remember the road runs both ways so u can always come back........OFG

steve092
12-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Nice fish!

basscatcher
01-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Good job

God Bless

basscatcher