PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some Ensenada contacts...

newbefisher
05-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Just wondering if anyone has some good contacts for some day fishing in Ensenada. My cousin from NoCal is coming down for Memorial weekend and wants to do some fishing in Mexico. Anyone want to join us, let me know.

CAPT'N
05-02-2007, 05:37 AM
I have fished Sergio's. Had a great time!

http://ensenada.com/fishing.html

Capt'n

newbefisher
05-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the info!

Funjunkie74
05-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Exactly which days during Memorial day weekend are you planning to fish?
Are you planning to drive at night, crash at a hotel and fish in the AM?
OR
Wake up ultra early, drive down and fish the same day?

Funjunkie

sansou
05-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Hey dude!

I don't have a telephone contact, but the panga dudes show up super early in the morning at Castro's Camp. If you're at the little bar there on the beach you can ask the bartender to arrange one for you.

Sergio's is a safe bet and right by the hotels. You can go cattle boating or ante up some $$ and do the private panga thing.

Will be at Cuyamaca this sunday meeting up with some other FNNers, come on down and wet a line with us!

Daus
05-02-2007, 12:57 PM
I always fish out of Sergios. He offers 3/4 day open party or overnight (leaving at 2:00 a.m. and returning 3-4 p.m.). Since yellowtails gonna be biting around memorial, you should call him or email him at sergios-sportfishing@prodigy.net.mx (mailto:sergios-sportfishing@prodigy.net.mx). His website is sergios-sportfishing.com. He offers private charters at a reasonable price. Memorial days are kinda busy so you should email him and make reservations.

I used to charter his boat for our annual tuna trips each summer and always fish there if I cannot get a last minute spot on one of the San Diego's overnight tuna boats. Don't expect any of the boats to be nice as San Diego's fleet. There is no galley so you have to bring your own food and drinks. They let you bring your own ice chest on the boat.

Good luck.

newbefisher
05-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Exactly which days during Memorial day weekend are you planning to fish?
Are you planning to drive at night, crash at a hotel and fish in the AM?
OR
Wake up ultra early, drive down and fish the same day?

Funjunkie

Right now we're looking to drive down in the am (my mom lives 5 minutes from the border). Boat leaves at 6am, returns at 3pm. It would be on the 27th. I called one place on the website Capt'n gave me and they have an 8 person or 12 person boat available on that date.

newbefisher
05-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Hey dude!

Will be at Cuyamaca this sunday meeting up with some other FNNers, come on down and wet a line with us!

Dude I would love too, but my kids' B-parties are this weekend. I am 95% sure I'll be camping there the following weekend though. I'm going to finally test out my porta-bote there! (if I can get it registered by then. :x )

sansou
05-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Hey dude!

Dude I would love too, but my kids' B-parties are this weekend. I am 95% sure I'll be camping there the following weekend though. I'm going to finally test out my porta-bote there! (if I can get it registered by then. :x )

I was just going to call you before I saw your response. Next weekend I'll be back in Phoenix for some biz, but I'll try to get my porta-bote registration done soon as well so we can have some ghey porta-bote get-together. I know Santa Fe's got one as well as Flyfisher52.