PDA

View Full Version : Hummingbird Piranha Max 220/Foat Tubing

SDJHawk
11-25-2007, 04:52 PM
What do you guys think of this fish finder for float tubing? I am thinking about getting this one for my buddy for Christmas. They have it for 99 dollars at costco.com which seeems like a good deal. Plus you know costco, its returnable after 90 days if something goes wrong unlike other retailers. Is this doable with tubes or should I get a different one?
Thanks

fisherkid47
11-25-2007, 07:44 PM
it should be good to use if your able to attach it to the tube with a buddy strap or a homemade pvc mount

SDJHawk
11-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Which then leads me to whether or not IF this one can attach to a tube with a strap?

fisherkid47
11-25-2007, 10:21 PM
I've been looking for a strap for a finder for my tube and the only thing that would seem to work is the buddy strap.

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0023252317636a.shtml

they make straps, but i dont know where to get them

https://www.allkayakfishing.com/floattube.html the strap is the first pic

The finder bolts onto the base wich is attached to the strap. If you wanna get that good luck on finding one cause I dont know how trustworthy that site is. And the site says that there no longer selling items online.

idavis
11-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Just a little tidbit for everyone, Costco will take anything back no matter how long you have had it. While I don't necessarily condone or think this was right, I had someone I know take back a camcorder they purchased years ago at Costco, was used and abused and finally quit. They got store credit, and walked out with a nice big screen tv. You and I would have probably just tossed it in the trash, but they played the system. I guess Costco made the policy so I can't complain too much, and they did issue them credit.

I would think with something like a float tube, this would be a good selling point. If it ever fails, just hang onto that receipt.

fisherkid47
11-26-2007, 04:49 PM
That was right, you could take back anything you purchased from there no matter how long ago you bought it , until this new policy came into effect not that long ago. But if you had purchased an item before the new policy came into effect, then the old policy applies to it. Wich sucks, because now you only have 90 days or something to return or exchange it.

And I only know this because of my mom.

SDJHawk
11-26-2007, 10:18 PM
That was right, you could take back anything you purchased from there no matter how long ago you bought it , until this new policy came into effect not that long ago. But if you had purchased an item before the new policy came into effect, then the old policy applies to it. Wich sucks, because now you only have 90 days or something to return or exchange it.

And I only know this because of my mom.

I just checked their online return policy. Items not computer or TV related are returnable anytime according to their policy. Thanks for the info guys.

fisherkid47
11-27-2007, 09:28 PM
don't listen to what I said