PDA

View Full Version : bishop creek canyon opener

mr. trout
05-01-2007, 06:11 PM
hey this is my first post and im only 13 so it might not be as detailed or helpful as others but i was invited to the opener ny a friend and of course went. our planns were to hit up rock creek lake but found out it was frozen over so hopped on west line street up to paradice at about 7:00 on saturday. we wanted to go to intake 2 but drove by and saw the cars lined upo all the way to the street and kept going up to sabrina. it was my first time at sabrina , the back side was still frozen but they drove a boat over the side near bthe dam to break up the ice. it was slow at first but heatesd up and i caught 25 fish in 2 hours all on salmon eggs and none of any size. we went down to bishop for lunch and headed back up to sabrina for some evening fishing and got skunked for 2 hours without even a bite and we left. sunday morning we woke up at three to get a good spot at intake 2 and got there at 4:15. i was amazed to see 3 cars in the parking lot already. i got my spot near the inlet and manage to land 10 fish in 3 hours a couple 1.5 to 2 pounders until my pole snapped in half. overall it was a great opener and the weathwer was great and the trout tasted great

fishfinder
05-01-2007, 07:02 PM
awesome!!!!!

pole'npants
05-01-2007, 08:07 PM
most awesome. its good to see at the age of 13 youve made the most important decision of your life and have become a fisherman. good report, its not about the "fancy"...looks like you slayed them. now with your ploe being broke you got reason to get a new one and immediatly put everything else on hold and return to bishop and try it out(tell any one thats concerned your doing it for "safety" issues). welcome and fish on.

olfishergal
05-01-2007, 08:22 PM
good for you and very good report.............looks like you had ownage and a full belly..........keep on fishin. good job

Troutman65
05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
No worries mr. trout your report was written very well. Keep on fishing young lad.

Big Country
05-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Good job Mr. Trout. The opener was always fun for me growing up, but my dad never wanted to go past bishop. Once me and my buddies got our licenses when we were 16, a whole new world was opened up to us when we drove up the pass and saw crowley on the right and convict on the left.

Bishop is great, but driving further north to the loop, bridgeport and the twins was even better.

Of course it only cost $30 in gas each way then so it was easy to go every other weekend for us.

Joshua
05-02-2007, 10:00 AM
good job. Glad to see you are getting out to the opener so young. I didnt know that this existed until my late 20's. Keep going back, it is a great tradition. I only wish my dad was around to enjoy this with me.

I was on Intake II for the opener. You have to get out there early. Some show up early and leave after a couple hours, others hang around all day. While other show up late.

Sorry to hear about the pole breaking. Need to save up and get a better setup. There are cheap combos at WalMart and Turners. I would save up and buy a better rod. It is something you can use for the rest of your life.

fishfinder
05-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Of course it only cost $30 in gas each way then so it was easy to go every other weekend for us.[/quote]

it cost me that to pull my boat out of the driveway.

troutcatcher
05-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Good job on the first report, the sierras are a great place to fish.

troutdog
05-03-2007, 03:19 AM
Well done...keep those reports coming. Sounds like you don't need much more info on where to go in the Bishop Creek area! :lol:

TD