PDA

View Full Version : best spot

mr. trout
05-01-2007, 05:41 PM
what is the best spot in the bishop creek canyon

BishopTrouter
05-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Thats a hard question to answer everywhere up there always produces fish for me, my personal favorite is prolly the south fork b/c theres a lot of places i can wade into and get some nice fish. but thats just IMO.

DanKBecker
05-01-2007, 07:43 PM
I think you might have a hard time getting an answer to this question. Usually the "best spots" are kind of kept a secret. I am a firm believer that half the fun is getting out there and searching for them. Anyways, best of luck!

Troutman65
05-01-2007, 08:51 PM
DanKBecker, sure got that right. Going out and finding your own.

Big Country
05-02-2007, 07:43 AM
amen brothers!!!

Where's the fun if I tell you right where to drive, park and hike. The great thing about the sierras is that you catch fish everywhere there is water.

Joshua
05-02-2007, 10:01 AM
what is the best spot in the bishop creek canyon
Mr Trout is 13 years old Send me a PM (private message) I will put you onto some good spots. Dont share them with the entire world

trouttroller
05-03-2007, 02:31 AM
The whole area is a great place to fish. Intake 2 is a great spot for larger broodstock trout.

troutdog
05-03-2007, 03:16 AM
Try the creek below Sabrina Lake....look for pools or bends in the river and cast out a salmon egg, spinner or crawler and hold on tight! Good luck to you.

TD

Cybertrout
05-03-2007, 10:00 AM
I just got back home from a very slow Opening Day Weekend. The fishing was still fun but, it seems to get tougher and tougher every year to compete with the Powerbait anglers. The rainbows just don't seem to be as interested in lures when there's so much delicious bait in the water! Just as I was about to succumb to the fact that this would go down as the worst fishing I've experienced on Opening Day Weekend, I get a tip from one of the locals to try a little known body of water known as Intake II. It was difficult to find but, worth the effort. Two days of endless "catch and release"! A couple of 2.5 pounders, a 3.5 pounder, and a 5 pounder that made my trip!!! I don't know if it's like this all the time but, I'm definetly going to return to find out!

troutdog
05-03-2007, 11:19 PM
I just got back home from a very slow Opening Day Weekend. The fishing was still fun but, it seems to get tougher and tougher every year to compete with the Powerbait anglers. The rainbows just don't seem to be as interested in lures when there's so much delicious bait in the water! Just as I was about to succumb to the fact that this would go down as the worst fishing I've experienced on Opening Day Weekend, I get a tip from one of the locals to try a little known body of water known as Intake II. It was difficult to find but, worth the effort. Two days of endless "catch and release"! A couple of 2.5 pounders, a 3.5 pounder, and a 5 pounder that made my trip!!! I don't know if it's like this all the time but, I'm definetly going to return to find out!

Don't be shy about starting your own thread Cybertrout :idea: "So did the little known" Intake II trout eat things that look like your avatar or did you bait and wait with pink glittery doughbait? Welcome to the board btw.

TD

Cybertrout
05-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Hey troutdog,
I used the same lure all day...........a silver 3/4 oz. kastmaster with a "blood red" halographic sticker in the middle. I have a tackle box full or different colors and patterns but, why change when the lure you're using is getting the job done. I also noticed other folks using Powerbait and nightcrawlers, and the were doing just as well!

bassaddict
05-04-2007, 05:02 PM
When I am up there, I typically try to find places along any stretch of running water that is hard to get to. expecially if you use lures or flies to fish. All the open areas are overfished with pb and salmon eggs. Even areas that are just a little hard to get to. It is amazing how lazy or scared a lot of the people that visit bishop are. Make your own path and dont be afraid to wade across streams to get to the unfished areas.

Have a great time and do more cathing than fishing.