PDA

View Full Version : Smelly Jelly losing scent?

jplee3
11-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi all,
Does anyone know if smelly jelly loses its scent after a long time (does it have a short shelf life)? The reason being, I picked up a container of the "Shrimp" scented smelly jelly and have applied it a couple times and mixed up the jelly good, but when I smell it there isn't really a strong scent - if anything, it smells like vaseline to me. I have the anchovy scented jelly and that one definitely smells, but it didn't start smelling until I started using it and mixing it up a bit. I thought this was the same case with the shrimp scent I got but since I've had it and used it, it still doesn't seem to smell. Is this the way it's supposed to be? If not, is it possible that the scent completely faded?

Thanks guys.

Brad100
11-21-2007, 07:05 AM
I really don't know but if you can't smell it, I suspect that you are losing the scent...

davidth626
12-12-2007, 01:15 PM
fish usually have a more sensitive nose than we do. so even if u cant smell it. usually the fish can. ive used smelly jelly anchovie scent off the jetties, and ive caught calicos and cudas up to 6 casts before reapplying.

BakoBassin
12-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Perhaps you've grown use to the smell.

WARRIORMIKE
12-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Possibly a a bad bottle or something. I've never had a problem of smelly jelly losing its smell but it's lost its color on me. It still smelled the same and I caught plenty of fish with it still. Just try not to leave that stuff in the hot sun durring the summer months otherwise it make a big mess.