PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Seaswirl 21" Striper CC - Good Deal?

marzocchi
05-01-2007, 01:18 PM
I am being offered a used 2006 striper 21" CC for 31,000. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on this boat because I cant seem to find a decent used center console. Is this a good deal or should I hold on some with a better deal? The going price for a new one is 42K otd, I beleive. I still have to pay taxes on the used one, so this one is having me toss and turn at night. Give me your input and maybe I'll take you fishing.

IslandBoi
05-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Well mar .... from what I hear, sometimes it's better to get a used boat since, it has all the bugs n stuff worked out on it ....

If I were you, I would check out the boat, every nook & cranny, then see if the guy will let you take it out on the water to test drive it, check prices and see what the same exact one used is going for .... check the new one and see how low you can get it down to, if you can get it lower then 41k otd.

trust your gut too, if you feel it's right, go for it !!!! but if you have any not good feeling, I would just wait ... good luck

marzocchi
05-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Well mar .... from what I hear, sometimes it's better to get a used boat since, it has all the bugs n stuff worked out on it ....

If I were you, I would check out the boat, every nook & cranny, then see if the guy will let you take it out on the water to test drive it, check prices and see what the same exact one used is going for .... check the new one and see how low you can get it down to, if you can get it lower then 41k otd.

trust your gut too, if you feel it's right, go for it !!!! but if you have any not good feeling, I would just wait ... good luck

I checked it out and it looks good. The only thing is the blood splatter that he didnt take off and now it is kinda stained on the leather rails and part of the seat. The guy who is selling is pretty nice. They couldnt afford it anymore and their loan payment is around around 33. They just want to pay off the loan. I offered 31 and finally they called me and said they will accept 31 if I am still interested. I have 30 to spend, but that is alot of money. I am just wondering if this is good deal or I should wait around for bettter one.

DA_Beaut
05-01-2007, 06:57 PM
sounds like a good deal - 30 - 33 is close to book value. Make sure you trust what he's saying about not affording the payment, you sure dont want to buy a 30 k headache. Best of luck, you'll like the 2101

Wildhorse1966
05-01-2007, 11:09 PM
your going to save 10K and the boat should still be under warrenty so just get it surveyed and if it comes out ok then i would say go for it ....