PDA

View Full Version : lookin for advice doheny beach fishin

oneway
11-18-2007, 06:02 PM
8) Hello 8)
I'm heading down to Doheny State Beach for thanksgiving camping and fishing
and I'm looking for some locals that might give me some tips or locations to fish.
my plan at this time is try lug worms and tossing out some squid or chovies and see what happens. Thanks for you help,
Mike

rusty6
11-18-2007, 06:36 PM
white curly tail grubs work well for butts from the surf or off the jetty, just cast towards the bait barge.

ikeman
11-18-2007, 11:00 PM
As Rusty said, Small 1 1/4" - 2"grubs, white, motor oil, red specked and green cast with small jig heads or drop shot or carolina rigged doubles in the surf and you will load up on the perch and such. Right in front of the campground and towards the jetty. You will also find a lot of mussels on the jetty at low tide and are deadly for the croakers in the surf. Try Hoagan's bait and tackle next to Jacks Surfboards across PCH from the campground behind the Arco station. They are friendly and will hook you up!

oneway
11-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey thanks alot for the great advice sounds good
I will visit the local tackle shop thier and arm myself
I will post a report when I return after the weekend

Happy Thanksgiving to you all,
Mike

oneway
11-28-2007, 07:05 PM
ok Im back,
we had a great time camping and fishing on the beach :banana:
time flew buy so fast I never got a chance to make it to the local tackle shop, but I did fish with the squid and pulled in a few super fighting bat rays about 2 foot wing span.
we camped along the back fence near the road where everyone bikes,jogs walks etc....
Sooooooooooo we decided to fish for people using a dollar bill and a penny for weight and alittle tape our lure was ready :lol: we casted into the bike lane :banana: the action started right away skidding bikes and joggers suddenly changing thier coarses cars stopping it was like seeing under water with a great lure and the action was non stop we had a blast. everyone was a good sport about it . by the way we did lose one green back lure to a very fast taker lol
anyway thanks for the tips we will be back again next year for sure.

Granny Fish
11-28-2007, 07:20 PM
...we decided to fish for people using a dollar bill and a penny for weight and alittle tape our lure was ready :lol: we casted into the bike lane :banana: the action started right away skidding bikes and joggers suddenly changing thier coarses cars stopping it was like seeing under water with a great lure and the action was non stop we had a blast. everyone was a good sport about it . by the way we did lose one green back lure to a very fast taker lol
anyway thanks for the tips we will be back again next year for sure.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Very funny! I remember the day when you could catch one on a shiney copper penny. :wink:

BTW: this should be in the report section.

Troutman65
11-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the nice read. :lol:

Troutman65